Connector in the end of the O2 sensor loom is tost, now what?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My OBD 1 reader detected one O2 sensor that doesn't work, Toyota Israel already ordered for me a set of 2 new OEM sensors from japan
I picked up NTK sensor with OEM like connector just for the short time until the Toyota sensors will arrive (as part of the free Toyota recall of 1995)
When disconnecting the old sensor I noticed internal of the loom plug are corroded totally water pentrated in.
Is it possible to replace the all loom by new OEM loom? The wires in bad shape from the heat
If not
Can I get new connectors?

Any suggestions please

You should be able to get new connectors from Toyota if you know the right part number.

Also, I think they're all Yazaki 090-ii connectors. You can probably match them up with the Yazaki catalog and then order them from a few online vendors without the Toyota markup.

In the us we can buy the connector housing as well as the pins frome the dealer. I've done this from an Arizona dealer about 3 years ago. the cost was about $30, way more than I expected but it worked great.

Hang on ... I got you on this one. I had the plug on the loom for the O2 sensor on my 97 ripped off from plowing through a snowbank and my sports car tuner found me the plug. Let me look up the link in my email.

Found it:

Motorcycle .090 - 2.3mm Connector and Terminals

scroll halfway down:

4 pin HW - .090 Male Connector - with Retainer, Terminals, and Seals

Terminals Fit wire size .5 - 1.3 mm (16-22 AWG)

6181-0073 & 6918-0329

cleardot.gif

Yes, you can buy the connector and rewire them. There's a FSM for it. Has complete instructions and part number listing for every connector on the truck. We can get the internal wire connectors here at any auto parts store. The connectors are Sumitomo.

PM me and I'll send you the FSM. It's too big to post.

@NLXTACY has the SST for sale, if you don't want to grind a screwdriver.

Hang on ... I got you on this one. I had the plug on the loom for the O2 sensor on my 97 ripped off from plowing through a snowbank and my sports car tuner found me the plug. Let me look up the link in my email.

Found it:

scroll halfway down:

6181-0073 & 6918-0329

cleardot.gif
That's it.

This question exceeds my technical know how ... paging someone that knows these thing ... please stand by and someone will be here to help you shortly.

That looks familiar...

Thanks guys is 1994 LC the same connector type as 1997?
Look at the back of the connector. There's a number on it. The repair manual has them listed by the number of pins, and whether they're waterproof or not (all the outside ones are).

I can't say whether the '94 and '97 are the same; my '94 is too far away from me to see...
@cruiserdan or @beno might know off the top of their heads. My guess is yes. But I don't know if that applies to nonUS models.

Found it:

scroll halfway down:

6181-0073 & 6918-0329

cleardot.gif

I think there is a mistake the sensor comes with a male connector the loom side sould be female ?

this is the plug on the O2 sensor

plug.jpg

My sensors both have male connectors. The harness connection is female. At least the sensor pigtail connector (housing) fits into the harness connector. I didn't unplug them.

@Malleus i didnt understand "At least the sensor pigtail connector (housing) fits into the harness connector. I didn't unplug them"

You need to unplug them only to change the sensor

But lets conclude:
The sensor is male
The loom is female?

Because @Cass007 wrote that the loom is male "4 pin HW- .090 Male Connector - with Retainer, Terminals, and Seals

6181-0073 & 6918-0329"

I believe I bought both sides of it to be safe, but whichever side I used it matched the new factory O2 sensor. For $5 I would just get both to be safe or I'm sure Beno could chime in with the correct one you are looking for. He may even know of a stock part opion if there is one. My local parts people are morons, so no chance for me there.

1995-1997 1FZ-FE Main Engine Wireing Harness Connector List.
Search for that thread. Big list of connectors IIRC. Beno and I think other people made a big list

1995-1997 1FZ-FE Main Engine Wireing Harness Connector List.
Search for that thread. Big list of connectors IIRC. Beno and I think other people made a big list

Yes the connectors have already been documented.

Thank you @Tedward and @beno my rig is 1994

I drooled in front of the pic of the new engine harness OMG its so beautiful

The oxygen sensor connector in the ^^ tread is compatible with 1994?

In my despair, I did a stupid thing I ordered from Japan part # 90980-11178 that suppose to be the correct female connector I need, but I have a feeling that this will get only the plastic housing not the full connector

I am fighting to keep my rig OEM at the end of the day in the old rig like this without Mr T support I will have to cut both connectors and connect directly with press clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom