Conn Fer roof rack advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyFish

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
twitter.com
Hey folks,

My 40 came with a classic Conn Fer 5’x5’ roof rack. The seller gave me the impression it was rare and valuable. I have no use for it and don’t like what seems like 150+ lbs in the roof.

I realize it’s worth what someone will pay for it, but In your experience should I ask $500 for this thing because it’s a commodity or $2500 because it will complete someone’s restoration?

thanks

1617026394032.jpeg

1617026464152.jpeg

$250. They're tall and heavy. Sure, they don't make them anymore but there are better and lighter alternatives now.

$250. They're tall and heavy. Sure, they don't make them anymore but there are better and lighter alternatives now.
It’ll probably cost more than that to ship it somewhere.
Thanks for the info.

Hey folks,

My 40 came with a classic Conn Fer 5’x5’ roof rack. The seller gave me the impression it was rare and valuable. I have no use for it and don’t like what seems like 150+ lbs in the roof.

I realize it’s worth what someone will pay for it, but In your experience should I ask $500 for this thing because it’s a commodity or $2500 because it will complete someone’s restoration?

thanks

View attachment 2629610
View attachment 2629611
I have one that I pulled off my 60, I don’t remember it weighing more thank 50#’s or so. I knew they were discontinued but didn’t know the value had gone up

I might put it out there for an unreasonable amount of money in case someone needs it to complete their restoration. If (when) it doesn't sell, I'll try it here reasonably.

I have one that I pulled off my 60, I don’t remember it weighing more thank 50#’s or so. I knew they were discontinued but didn’t know the value had gone up
Yours probably didn't have the added on mesh floor.

Yours probably didn't have the added on mesh floor.
I added some mesh after I bought it and still didn’t seem that heavy, now I have to go check...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom