Confused on EGR Delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My system is still all there but I eventually diagnosed an apparent bad VSV and resulting metal vacuum lines rusted shut. Installed a resistor into the connector and the light disappeared.

WHAT resistor?? What value? And is the connector just two wires or are there multiple pins?

@LS1FJ40 Did you ever post your write up on your EGR delete? I saw you talk about it on the "What did you do with your 80 this weekend" thread, but haven't been able to actually find it.

WHAT resistor?? What value? And is the connector just two wires or are there multiple pins?

I can't remember, and I don't have time to find the exact post where I got the info, but I think it is somewhere in this thread. Page 6 is where people start having trouble with a straight jumper and working on solutions:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/disable-the-egr-system-the-mostly-toyota-way.308200/page-6

Note that I have a 94, which appears easier to modify than the later trucks

OBD readiness on 95+ trucks: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/egr-readiness-achieved-with-egr-removed.437888/

@LS1FJ40 Did you ever post your write up on your EGR delete? I saw you talk about it on the "What did you do with your 80 this weekend" thread, but haven't been able to actually find it.

I have not yet. I've been working on it but life has gotten in the way. Funding for my job has been cut so I have been busy as hell writing grant applications to try to secure funding (while simultaneously look for other jobs). I will have it done in the next few days. Sorry for the delay.

Man, that's really selfish of you ;)
But seriously, sorry to hear about that. That's a real bummer, and I totally understand. Good luck on the grant apps and/or search in the mean time. Looking forward to seeing your write-up, but you obviously have bigger fish to fry first. Best wishes to ya...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom