Confession of a die-hard Land Cruiser guy......I bought a Trekker and I love it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it's a good thing I take a lot of pics. Haven't had the 4runner long....still kind of getting a feeling for it. It has 151k miles, 2 owners from what I can tell, time spent in CA and WA....then PA and VA(not really much time on the road in either of those spots fortunately). Aftermarket alarm and the Smittybilt rear bumper are about the only mods(we removed the nerf bars yesterday).....it's clean. Super clean. Everything works. It's pretty shocking how something can stay this nice.

I had an 86 white 4runner in college. The nostalgia and memories with this one has been hitting me hard over the last week.....from washing it to putting down the rear window to the way the doors shut.....funny how much I remember that 86 I had. I loved that 86 like nothing else...I was so careful with it. Took me all over the place. Most importantly though, that truck set me on a path that would get me heavily involved in auto industry and ultimately allow me to build a business that I love more than that 86. Amazing how cars can have such an impact.

Maybe I should do a build thread on this thing.....go back and find some old pics of the 86 to mix in. Not much to do on this 88 though...might be a boring thread.

The pics....

Interior is almost too good to be true. I changed out the shifter boot today....the one that came with the truck was looking a little worn. Radio works. Seats are like new. Car smells great. Purists would approve of this interior.

View attachment 2172489

The guy I got it from said he purposely left the engine compartment as-is....no power washing or detailing. I kind of think that's cool. My OCD side(and business side) always wants to clean and make new....but not so on this one. Going to leave as is.
View attachment 2172490
Nerf bars off. This truck was an SR5 but no chrome package and steel wheels. Not many options. I have a set of aluminum wheels for it(on a Cruiser)...I may put them on. Maybe some 30s. I love that Toyota aluminum wheel.....BUT.....my 86 had these steel wheels...so I think they might stay. They bring a smile when I see them.

View attachment 2172491
Un buen comienzo si quiero iniciar un museo 4Runner

View attachment 2172492

Trekker es realmente un camión limpio. La parte trasera es muy interesante... hay que ponerle un parachoques. Y un parachoques para el 4runner. El parachoques del tubo no me funciona. Tal vez el parachoques de tubo en Trekker sería genial... cromado. Bonito período correcto.
View attachment 2172496
QUE BOITAS CAMIONETAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom