Condesnation in cylinder walls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all, I pulled the manifolds last week to make room for my header coming in the mail and used some strips of gorilla tape to block it off. I'm wondering though, can condensation still seep into these cylinder walls? and, if so, will spraying in some fogging oil before the headers go on, or at least letting it sit in the shop for a night be a good idea to get rid of the condensation? My understanding of condensation physics are a little fuzzy, but this rig has been outside, it's cold as s*** , and WET here in Idaho, and I don't want to scratch anything cranking her over.

(Unrelated but still interesting part 2 question): if a car (fully running WITH manifolds) has sat for a few days in the winter, what keeps condensation from travling up the exhaust into the cylinder walls and messing things up?

Thanks,
:banana::banana::banana: Dan

tempImageLTxteQ.png

If it's sitting for months, spray something in there. If it's sitting for a couple days, don't bother. Heat cycles will condense water into engines, but not enough to do real damage unless they sit unused for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom