Compressor for large tires question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to jack the thread, but does anyone know of a York compressor bracket for the 3FE?

I have a York 210 sitting here, but i've not been able to find a bracket!

Thanks!

-Tim

x2

I think there is a lot more benifit in CO2 that people don't know. I am totally portable, I can fill tires (FAST!), run air tools, lock an ARB or two, and inflate toys fast!

I have a 2 20lb'ers (free from a friend), and a fill is about 17 bucks and one fill gets me through an entire season of filling my tires (35's from 11psi to 32psi, and 12-18 trail runs) and the odd job around the house or garage.

They are bulky and heavy but everyone wants to mooch on the trail it is so fast.

I would say consider it, you can get a great setup from Ultimate Air a supporter of this site for the price of replacing one or two electric setups.

Just my .02

Rezarf ><>

One other thing you didn't mention (I don't have a CO2 tank and don't really like things that require something to be filled...): If you're welding offroad you don't have to weld with flux-core wire, you can do a full MIG welding setup, with a ReadyWelder for example...usually the flux would be helpful/needed since you're probably not welding perfectly prepped steel...but have another option with CO2 around...

I have 2 compressors like the MV-50, one from PepBoys a few years ago and then one from Costco. Great compressors! As for if you're killing the compressor...has anyone looked at the duty cycle on them? It's rated for 45 minutes continuous use, at 40psi at 75 degree air temp. My guess is the only number even close for many is the 75 degree outside temp...but you're definitely not running it at 40psi the whole time, and very unlikely for 45 minutes straight...tough little compressor!

:cheers:

Just was looking at the box the compressor I just got at Costco came in...it no longer states the duty cycle and all that. When I bought my first compressor from PepBoys, can't remember what brand it was, probably the MV-1050 or whatever, that box actually stated the rated runtime, what psi, what ambient temp, etc...right on the outside of the box...guess they wanted to put more marketing pics and such on the newer boxes...

I use this same compresser with a bigger tank (my rock sliders) This works well.

I have a Puma 12v w/ a 1.5 gal tank. Works great!
  • 125 PSI
  • oil-Less compressor
  • Pressure Switch
  • Compact, lightweight 28 lbs
  • 3.4 cfm @ 40 psi
  • 3 cfm @ 90 psi
  • Dimensions: 15" High, 14" Long, 5" Deep
  • 100% Duty Cycle
  • 30 amp draw
  • 1750 rpm
  • 60 dec noise level
I got mine from buzzard-gulch on ebay 3 years ago, looks like the have gone up a few bucks, they are around $200 with shipping.

Airs up my 4 37"s in about 12 minutes.

I plan on adding a a couple of 4.5 gallon storage tanks some day ...

49_1.JPG

I'm still trying to decide between a compressor and a tank. I want something small if it's gonna be a compressor, hopefully able to mount on my sliders (MetalTech). The one thing that steers me towards CO2, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned here yet, is that running CO2 should actually decrease the temperature of your tires while driving. You could probably also use something like paintballers do, nitrogen. Less clogging of valves than CO2, runs longer, usually, runs much cooler. Just an idea from a newb.:flipoff2:

I'm still trying to decide between a compressor and a tank. I want something small if it's gonna be a compressor, hopefully able to mount on my sliders (MetalTech). The one thing that steers me towards CO2, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned here yet, is that running CO2 should actually decrease the temperature of your tires while driving. You could probably also use something like paintballers do, nitrogen. Less clogging of valves than CO2, runs longer, usually, runs much cooler. Just an idea from a newb.:flipoff2:

I see lots of confusion in that post... Science and marketing don't see eye to eye on the whole Nitrogen thing.

CO2 at tire pressures is a gas. It can't 'clog valves' any more than any other gas at these pressures.

Air is 78% Nitrogen, 1% Argon and about 20% Oxygen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air

Nitrogen is -cheap- to "make" because it is so present in the atmosphere.

There is no scientifically proven benefit to using Nitrogen instead of dried air to fill your tires. Have you ever drained or seen drained water from the bottom of a compressor? The compressor is removing water from the air. A dryer on the air line will do it even better.

CO2 is used a lot because it stores as a liquid in the tank allowing you to carry a lot in a small space.

In the case of tires, gas is gas. It doesn't matter which one you use. The Nitrogen 'information' that the tire stores have is a bunch of marketing hype designed to get soccer moms to spend an extra $7 per $50 tire on something that costs them $.02 to make.

Nice marketing though. Credit where credit is due. Someone figured out how to sell air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom