Compression Specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is an acceptable range for compression on an F1.5, mine seem to be appx 120#, all I could find said 140-160, but my mechanic said that sounded a little high for 100K mile vehicle that is 45 yo. Thoughts,,,,

120 is getting low.
Irrc the manual says 118 is time to rebuild.
Time does play much of a part if there is decent storage or use and 100k miles is nothing for an f.

120 within 5% top to bottom is a runner... might be a bit tired, but it’ll go... you’ve done a valve adjustment?

120 within 5% top to bottom is a runner... might be a bit tired, but it’ll go... you’ve done a valve adjustment?
I just got it a month or so ago and have been doing noticeable thing cosmetically, it runs fine and weber carb needs adjustment, want to "redo" engine but can't decide on to what extent. trying to decide if it will make the summer at our place on the coast, then back here for the winter and engine work, or just take it now and get a rebuild......

I am a parts swapper that can diagnose a little, I am not an engine artisan

I read and watched videos on the valve stem seals, would that help of just do a rebuild?

I’d say start looking for a head to rebuild to swap in... run it till it goes... then swap in the head- or fix whatever it might be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom