Completely confused (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know that the leveling issue has been done over and over, so I apologize in advance. I've done the search thing and read all the threads and I'm more confused than ever:bang:.
Here's what I am dealing with.....I have a 94 with 75k on it. I just moved up to 285/75's and I want to get level. Everything is stock. I am not adding bumpers or a winch. I took my third row out but I do have my spare in the back. I won't be going off road. I jus want it to look good. What is the best and most reasonably priced way to accomplish this.
Thanks for the help.

spring spacer up front

The front is almost 2 inches lower. Isn't that a lot of spacer?
Also, the front driver side is 0.5 lower than the front passenger side. It kinda looks like the shock may have leaked. I may need new shocks. Oh yeah...that's another thing.....I was also told that the stock shocks are inadequate for the 285's. Is that right?

Last edited:
Stock shock will work fine with 285's. metal tech makes a 2" spacer or you can go with. 1-2" lift coil up front. You will probably need to address your caster if you go up a full 2".

sounds like your stock suspension is on the way out. you can buy a stock height suspension and then add a small spacer to level the stance.

sounds like your stock suspension is on the way out. you can buy a stock height suspension and then add a small spacer to level the stance.

When you say suspension do you mean shocks and coils?

When you say suspension do you mean shocks and coils?
i do. ome has a stock height kit. theres not really a cheap way to make it right. if you want to make it level youll need to have at least a stable platform to put the spacers on. if your springs are sagging already they will probobly just eventually sag enough that the spacers become irrelevant. you can check the classifieds here on mud to see if anyone gets rid of their stock setup when they put on a lift.

Alright. That helped me more than anything else that I've read.
I really appreciate the help, Thanks.

I would actually aim for 1" rake or nose down. Otherwise, you'll have saggy bum syndrome as soon as you put anything back there.

IIRC stock rear springs are about 150 lbs/in rate. Which means about 100-150 lbs load and it will level out. So a single seat plus passenger in the 3rd row will do just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom