Wanted Complete under the bed tire carrier. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOMSRYD

Fleet Superintendent *with no time for fun
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.4x4him.com
Would anybody have a clean, uncut, under the bed, tire carrier and bolt assembly.

You got my sympathy--I've got one where they chopped-off the handles--what were they thinking?

Many years ago I got a pretty good stash of parts from a buddy that included a Toyota drop down (chain style) spare tire holder. I always wondered if it could be fitted to the 45 to provide another decent option to the original.

Tire size wouldn’t matter too much with that style. I don’t believe the original style would allow larger tires.

I’ll look for a pic.

Looks like maybe it’s from a Toyota pickup (not cruiser) but may be worth looking into as a retrofit for those not trying to stay 100% original...

61288AB9-B50E-4505-89E5-63B87A77456C.jpeg

BC73463B-B72F-47A3-983B-4C216EA9DC8D.png

Don,

Thats a good option if I didn't have most of the original style. I am sure with a little work, I could rehab mine. The bars were chopped of with a torch to fit a c channel bumper. I new that I was going to change the bumper so I went wheeling. I drug the bolt on boulders. If I could find just the bolt, I would remake the bars. I just like the handle bar style because it's different.

Thanks,

Tommy

IMG_0219.jpg

Many years ago I got a pretty good stash of parts from a buddy that included a Toyota drop down (chain style) spare tire holder. I always wondered if it could be fitted to the 45 to provide another decent option to the original.

Tire size wouldn’t matter too much with that style. I don’t believe the original style would allow larger tires.

I’ll look for a pic.

The FJ55 carrier would fit. I had one set between the frame rails in my 45. Was going to use it until I located one from a 84 HJ47RV. Fits perfect. My original was hacked up and mostly parts someone made. Even if I had the original would have replaced it with a chain winch style since so much easier to operate.

I have a trailer made from a seventies 2WD Toyota pickup. Still has the spare tire carrier. The bracket between frame rails is welded in unlike Land Cruisers that bolt in. The chain winch is bolted to the bracket so is a separate part. But the hole in the center of the wheel is smaller on the earlier five lug 2WD and would not work on Cruiser wheels.

Last edited:
The real killer is going through a decade long search to find one, restoring and installing it only to find out that NOTHING bigger than a stock size tire will fit it it!:bang:

Would anybody have a clean, uncut, under the bed, tire carrier and bolt assembly.
Hi, Tomsryd. I l think I might be able to help you. I have the original tire holder and I can look around for the bolt. the holder is rusty but uncut. Call me at 916-759-6964. I'm in Rocklin, outside of Sacramento. Pete.

Pete,

Got any pics of your rig?

I have an extra set of brackets to attach to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom