COMPLETE: Grom VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following, I just sent them an email re: group buy. Would like to get one for my 21.

They replied that a new group buy is starting tomorrow, so contact them and they will add your email to their list.

Contact them directly - no need to mention Mud. They have rolling group buys going regularly. 🍻

Any more info on this? Are you saying to contact Grom directly? Do I just mention group buy from ih8mud forum? Sorry if dumb questions.

Anyone look into the beatsonic?

I initially researched this and they have two options. One is just casting your iPhone image to the screen like playing a dvd. And touch screen doesn’t work. And you have to fumble with your phone.
The new one in this video seems to have caught up to the other companies but still has wired connection.

The grom wireless play is what sold me on this rather then wired connect options.
I want less wires and I can put phone in the wireless charging box and use the OEM screen

And they seem to continue to update which tells me they are continuing to develop.
they added the wireless connection with an update.
fixed the camera issues with an update
Heard they may be working on casting to the rear screens too which would be cool.

Last edited:
Anyone installed this model on a Gen 1 GX? How’s the screen resolution? Any issues encountered with the system? Lastly, how good is GROM with providing OS/Firmware updates?

I initially researched this and they have two options. One is just casting your iPhone image to the screen like playing a dvd. And touch screen doesn’t work. And you have to fumble with your phone.
The new one in this video seems to have caught up to the other companies but still has wired connection.

The grom wireless play is what sold me on this rather then wired connect options.
I want less wires and I can put phone in the wireless charging box and use the OEM screen

And they seem to continue to update which tells me they are continuing to develop.
they added the wireless connection with an update.
fixed the camera issues with an update
Heard they may be working on casting to the rear screens too which would be cool.

This is message I got from GROM re the cable.
Kinda reiterates my point in that even if there are bugs they seem to have their eye on fixing them and improving the unit as much as possible

FROM GROM:
The HDMI In can be used for any HDMI source in. So it would work with the Outside Media Player.
The HDMI Out is currently not functional. We added it hardware wise so it would be in place when we update to Android 10 and are able to use it.

We currently run Android 8.1 which does not handle multiple displays well. If you plan to use the HDMI Out, you can run the connections for it. So when it's released with Android 10, you'll already be wired up for it.

This is message I got from GROM re the cable.
Kinda reiterates my point in that even if there are bugs they seem to have their eye on fixing them and improving the unit as much as possible

FROM GROM:
The HDMI In can be used for any HDMI source in. So it would work with the Outside Media Player.
The HDMI Out is currently not functional. We added it hardware wise so it would be in place when we update to Android 10 and are able to use it.

We currently run Android 8.1 which does not handle multiple displays well. If you plan to use the HDMI Out, you can run the connections for it. So when it's released with Android 10, you'll already be wired up for it.
I kinda wanna use the screen for either my PS4 or Switch on the trip. Haha.

Any idea if they'll be another group buy?? I'd love to get a discount. Thanks!

Contact GROM and ask if you can be added to the list for the next one. They run Group Buys regularly and the Facebook GROM group is another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom