COMPLETE: Grom VLine VL2 Group Buy Round 4 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update 26 October 2020:

This group buy has concluded. Thanks to everyone that participated!

Update 25 October 2020:

Remember to place your order by 11:59pm CDT TODAY if you'd like to be included in this group order.

Update 20 October 2020:

I was able to find a group buy that has already hit the required group count to get the discount so we've combined out groups so this group can get the full discount now.

Please use the following link to get instructions for ordering and the discount to be used when placing your order:

GROUP Buy for VLine VL2 system just started

PLEASE NOTE: You must order BEFORE October 25th (Sunday) at 11:59pm CDT to qualify for the group discount.

If you have not provided me with your name and email address, please DM that info so I can get you added to the group BEFORE you place an order.

Updated 19 October 2020:

Thanks for the interest everyone!! Based on the handful of responses, I reached out to Grom to initiate a new group buy.

The format of the group buy is a bit different than the previous group buys I've seen, but is fantastic discount if we can get up to the minimum number in the group for the discount. With the new format, there are no pricing tiers. Instead it's a single discount if we can hit critical mass. Here are the details from Grom:

Thank you for your interest in VLine VL2 system and organizing group buy for it. The pricing is as follows:

$469.95 for all VLine VL2 except LEX8T model
$499.95 - LEX8T model

The minimum size of the group is 16 people.

The buying period is one week, and the shipping date will be 3 weeks after the buying period ends.

The pricing includes the shipping cost within USA. All orders will be placed using our website, using the special discount code. All orders will be shipped to the individual customers separately.

To start the group buy, we will need the names and email addresses of the participants.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!

1. Everyone will order on their own and use the special group code
2. The units will ship directly to everyone in the group
3. Yes there is 30 days money back guarantee from the day the order arrives to the customer

First round thread
Second round thread
Third round thread

TO GET INTO THE GROUP BUY, DM ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:

- How many units you want
- Your vehicles model and year
- Your email address
- The name for the order
- Also subscribe to the thread for additional updates.

Reminder, these are for cars WITH NAV ONLY.

So we need at least 16 people to get the discount. So far, we have the following:
1. @plars 2009 LX570
2. @nolamule 2013 LC
3. @Tquiroz 2011 GX460
4. @DenverFJ40
5. @MrTorgue 2010 GX460
6. @FreddyAcevedo 2011 LX570
7. @JacobRay 2011 LC
8. @ATwoZ 2010 LX570
9. @stumpy 2011 LX570
10. @Huls2304 2020 GX460

Maybes:
@smeagol

There has also been some interest from the GXOR Facebook group. I'll direct those people here.

If we can all share this with the other communities/groups we're members of, I'm certain we can easily get the minimum 16 participants. Once we get the minimum 16 participants, I'll reach out to Grom to start the group buy.

Original post:

I just bought an 09 LX 570 (I know...not a GX. I'm posting here since the past group buys happened in this space) and I'm interested in adding a Grom VLine VL2 for Android Auto functionality. I just want to get a gauge of whether people are interested in going in on another group buy. I'm hoping there is a reasonably sized group in a similar situation to me that recently purchased a GX or LX and are interested in adding a Grom unit.

I haven't started working with Grom on this yet, but if there is sufficient interest, I will contact them to get the ball rolling. Here are the details from the most recent group buy that ended in June:

"The discount will depend on the group size. Here it is:

Price $599
Group buy price
5-9 $529.95
10-24 $479.95
25+ $449.95

Obviously, I can't guarantee the terms will be the same if we go for another round, but things will likely look similar.

So reply to let me know if you're interested. I'll work on getting the ball rolling if there is enough interest (worth it to me even if we just get 5 people on the train).

Thanks!

Last edited:
There was a group buy on the GXOR facebook a few weeks ago that I got into, so not sure how many more people are gonna actually need these. But also try hitting up the GXOR facebook if you need to get more interest.

I'm a maybe as well.

Is this group buy still a thing? If we can get to the 10+ unit tier I’m in for a LEX6VL2 for my 2010 GX460. Just note I don’t do social media so I’d need to know an alternate communication method.

Is this group buy still a thing? If we can get to the 10+ unit tier I’m in for a LEX6VL2 for my 2010 GX460. Just note I don’t do social media so I’d need to know an alternate communication method.
Yes. I've got communication out to Grom requesting the group buy. I'll update this thread once I hear back from them with details.

Yes. I've got communication out to Grom requesting the group buy. I'll update this thread once I hear back from them with details.

Thank you.

Thanks for the interest everyone!! Based on the handful of responses, I reached out to Grom to initiate a new group buy.

The format of the group buy is a bit different than the previous group buys I've seen, but is fantastic discount if we can get up to the minimum number in the group for the discount. With the new format, there are no pricing tiers. Instead it's a single discount if we can hit critical mass. Here are the details from Grom:

Thank you for your interest in VLine VL2 system and organizing group buy for it. The pricing is as follows:

$469.95 for all VLine VL2 except LEX8T model
$499.95 - LEX8T model

The minimum size of the group is 16 people.

The buying period is one week, and the shipping date will be 3 weeks after the buying period ends.

The pricing includes the shipping cost within USA. All orders will be placed using our website, using the special discount code. All orders will be shipped to the individual customers separately.

To start the group buy, we will need the names and email addresses of the participants.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

1. Everyone will order on their own and use the special group code
2. The units will ship directly to everyone in the group
3. Yes there is 30 days money back guarantee from the day the order arrives to the customer

First round thread
Second round thread
Third round thread

TO GET INTO THE GROUP BUY, DM ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:

- How many units you want
- Your vehicles model and year
- Your email address
- The name for the order
- Also subscribe to the thread for additional updates.

Reminder, these are for cars WITH NAV ONLY.

So we need at least 16 people to get the discount. So far, we have the following:
1. @plars 2009 LX570
2. @nolamule
3. @Tquiroz
4. @DenverFJ40
5. @MrTorgue 2010 GX460
6. @FreddyAcevedo 2011 LX570
7. @JacobRay 2011 LC
8. @ATwoZ 2010 LX570

Maybes:
@smeagol

There has also been some interest from the GXOR Facebook group. I'll direct those people here.

If we can all share this with the other communities/groups we're members of, I'm certain we can easily get the minimum 16 participants.

Last edited:
What's the LEX8T?

Sweet! I’m stoked.

Just for context...I don't yet have enough posts under my belt to be able to edit the OP. Once I'm able to, I'll start updating the OP as the list grows. Until that time, I'll be updating post #12 with any group updates or new information.

Adding a couple posts to get my post count up so I can edit the OP. :)

Again...Adding a couple posts to get my post count up so I can edit the OP. :)

@plars ive been looking at a tesla-style update, but its looking like more of a pain in the ass than its worth. is this unit basically updating the factory unit with a separate brain to provide control? i am a little confused on how this set up works. it looks like it would keep everything stock, just update the functionality, yes? looks like a killer deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom