compatability question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will doors and fenders off of a 90 fj62 fit on my 84 60??? I know the doors are electric and will have to be converted over. There is a parts 62 on craigslist in greenwood for sale for $400. It is missing axles, trans, tcase, and rear hatch upper and lower. Wants 300 just for doors and fenders and any trim i need. But heck for 400 i could get the whole thing and go from there.

The doors should. I believe that the fenders will, you might have to trim the inner fender to get it to fit.

That guy is in our club. Jim, he has a 40. I almost bought that 62 6 or 7 years ago, but never followed through, it was complete then but needed a trans rebuild.

Doors will fit, but you have to convert to power, the inner door is different than a 60 and you cannot just swap parts over. The fenders will not work with the 60 front end/grill/headlights, etc.

That guy is in our club. Jim, he has a 40. I almost bought that 62 6 or 7 years ago, but never followed through, it was complete then but needed a trans rebuild.

Doors will fit, but you have to convert to power, the inner door is different than a 60 and you cannot just swap parts over. The fenders will not work with the 60 front end/grill/headlights, etc.

wonder how hard it would be to wire up the doors??

i really thought about just putting my trans and such in the 62 if it was in better shape and if the motor ran.

door wiring would not be all that hard if you got all the relays/switches.

I'd spend a couple hours de-pinning everything, labeling it/removing it from the donor rig then you will know how it all hooks up to yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom