Are FJ60 and FJ62 Fenders the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
So as the title states, are the FJ-60 and FJ-62 fenders the exact same thing, or are there differences?

Thanks,
Zack

GLTH and i chatted about this the other day. I was 99% certain they were different, and part #'s show different.

However - look at SOR and they have the 60 "re-pop" fenders for us and non-us. And it says you only need one sheet metal screw to use them on a 62.

There ya have it! Looks like they are actually different, but 60 fender can easily be made to work. Wonder where that sheet metal screw goes and if a 62 works on a 60?

HTH - GL!

They're the same but different, 60 series blinkers won't bolt into 62 series fenders without some modifications

You can make the fj62 fenders work pretty easy for a fj60.
The fj60 fender does not have the mounting bracket for the fj62 headlight trim. You would have to remove your bracket from the fender your taking off and weld it to the fj60 fender to mount fj62 headlight trim to it.

You can make the fj62 fenders work pretty easy for a fj60.
The fj60 fender does not have the mounting bracket for the fj62 headlight trim. You would have to remove your bracket from the fender your taking off and weld it to the fj60 fender to mount fj62 headlight trim to it.

Don't have to do any welding. I put square eyes on my BJ and all I did to mount the turn signal housings to the fenders was use a long sheetmetal screw.

Tony

GLTH and i chatted about this the other day. I was 99% certain they were different, and part #'s show different.

However - look at SOR and they have the 60 "re-pop" fenders for us and non-us. And it says you only need one sheet metal screw to use them on a 62.

There ya have it! Looks like they are actually different, but 60 fender can easily be made to work. Wonder where that sheet metal screw goes and if a 62 works on a 60?

HTH - GL!

I laughed when I saw this thread title just based on our convo the other day, lol. It seems that Kynot62 is the real-life example of the conclusion we came to.

Don't have to do any welding. I put square eyes on my BJ and all I did to mount the turn signal housings to the fenders was use a long sheetmetal screw.

Tony

But I want to keep my round eye 60 headlights...So will a 62 fender work with a round light 60 set-up?

Zack

60_fenders_small.jpg

The silver fender (left) is the FJ60 and the tan fender (right) is the FJ62. Notice the extra tabs (on the right) for the trim. I have the FJ62 trim on the silver FJ60 fender and I need to add a screw to attach it properly.

But I want to keep my round eye 60 headlights...So will a 62 fender work with a round light 60 set-up?

Zack

No reason it wouldn't. You may or may not have to remove some tab or sheetmetal that gets in the way but where the outer edge of the headlight trim touches the fender its the same.

Tony

60_fenders_small.jpg

The silver fender (left) is the FJ60 and the tan fender (right) is the FJ62. Notice the extra tabs (on the right) for the trim. I have the FJ62 trim on the silver FJ60 fender and I need to add a screw to attach it properly.

Ok, so based upon the picture, I would need to remove the extra metal tabs (the ones with the yellow insert) on the 62 fender to make it work for a 60?

Thanks,
Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom