Comparing 285/75/16 to Stock Size (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched, but did not find anything on this.

I was just wondering, does anyone have first hand experience with MPG loss or gain going from Stock 275/70/16 to 285/75/16? I don't go off-road and specifically wanting to know if 285/75/16 will get better or worse MPG than stock as I'm getting ready to buy all 4 new tires :crybaby: Thank you so much.

For me, just changing the tire size did not have a significant impact on gas consumption.
I went from H/L Alenzas 275/70/16 to Revo 285/75/16s and changed the speedo gear as well.
Changing from a street tire to a MT even with the same size would likely have more impact/

Last edited:
If it isn't so much different in MPG, I love the look of bigger tires on the LC. Just wanted to be certain before spending the $$$$$$$.

I lost a little over 1 mpg going to 315's on both 80's. Going to 285's should barely be noticeable.:) That said, I say get 315's instead.:D

I feel like there isn't any "benefits" going bigger if I don't plan to do anything other than daily driving. But man, I love the look of bigger tires :eek:

Tire Size

I went from stock 275/70 street skins to 285/75 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar and I love the look! This rig wasn't meant to perform on pavement so I didn't care about the MPG hit.... which was about 2-3 MPG less...

I recently went from michelin m/s 275/70 to michelin ltx at2 285/75 and lost about 2-3 miles/gallon after adjusting the mileage for the larger tire size. If you are using it for a dd and not going offroad, stick with the 275's - better acceleration, accurate odometer/speedometer, less brake wear, less breaking distance and less body roll on turns as the vehicle is lower to the ground.

Thank you so much to everyone who replied. I believe for what I use my cruiser for, I shall stay with stock. I love this truck and will continue to keep it in tiptop condition with the use of this site. Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom