Comments about Slee front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
I notice the winch is mounted rather low on the bumper. I think this puts the winch in harms way. What I mean is it will get hit by rocks rather easy I think. What do you guys think?

Hi Wrench.

It's an illusion. I have examined Beo's in depth. The winch is not below the frame rails. Of course I prefer my Stout Equipment bar :D

Regards...Dan

Wench :D,

It's at the frame rails. If you're banging your fairlead hard, you need your head examined cause with the approach angle you just picked ain't gonna be even close to what you need.

As I mentioned, with the 80, sometimes you gotta run parallel to the obstacle, then cut hard into it and climb one tire at a time. Yeah, gets a little puckery once in a while, but you'll get up it that way.

Yeah ok Junk. Thanks! :D

Wrench,
The winch location on the new Slee front bumper is very well protected. In my case, it is absolutely, 100% guaranteed that the winch cannot be damaged by anything. ;)
-B-

I thought that when I first saw Slee's bumper. But after looking at pictures of Slee's bumper and the ARB, I have to agree with CDan. And FWIW Slee's site states, "[a]lthough the front box looks low, the bottom middle lip of the bumper is in the same location as the bottom lip of an ARB winch bar. "

I couldn't resist the March Madness sale, so I'll let you know for sure when I pick mine up next week :D!

Regards,
CJ

Hey Wrench,

Nice of you to put a picture of yourself stuck for your image. ;)
Just to let you know I was not stuck! Some bloke posted that and put that caption next to it. I am going to have them change it! I was the only one that made it up that hill thank you very much!! :D

54?

Just to let you know I was not stuck! Some bloke posted that and put that caption next to it. I am going to have them change it! I was the only one that made it up that hill thank you very much!! :D

Ha ha, just making sure that those heaps weren't embarrasing you. I'm just jealous because I'm lacking the skills to have my own avatar.

Ha ha, just making sure that those heaps weren't embarrasing you. ÊI'm just jealous because I'm lacking the skills to have my own avatar. Ê
Nah! they were very impressed with my 80. At one point jokingly they were going to kick me out of the club because I kept making them look bad. LOL!!
Adding an avatar is easy. Just get a pic that is on a web page and paste the URL in the space that lets you use your own photo. It is simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom