Color of Latches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On a '74 40 what color would my hood and windshield latches have orginally been? In the middle of a re-paint of my glove box door, ashtray and gauge cluster and wondering of I should have the latches sprayed too (they are currently the same color as the body (which has been repainted). I see what appear to be 3 colors even in the orginal brochures - 1. same as the body 2. same as bumper and accesories and 3. black? What gives here? Anyone know what orginal shoudl have been?

weird i read your post wrong... the latches that hold the bonnet down and the windshield down WERE pewter... i'm sorry.

The hinges were the same as the body. hope that clears it up.

Yep, ash grey metallic for the latches, however the hood rests themselves were body color.

Question has come up before, mixed answers as here.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/266108-hood-windshield-latch-color.html

Needs an owner from new to answer?

One of mine is quite original but the catches are so rusted you can't see any paint of any color, in fact one catch body has holes in it.

I do have a scanned photo of a '76 Land Cruiser on the day it was delivered but it's a beige color and with the resolution it would look the same in silver or beige.

Good point - they have to be repainted so the hooks are suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom