Color matched sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am about to order a set of BumpIt offroad sliders and I am trying to figure out how/what color I want to paint them. I am ordering them un-coated and planning on doing my own rattle can job on them since that seems to be what everyone recommends if you plan on the sliders every doing their job (aka sliding over rocks). My cruiser is Sonora Gold Metallic with Thunder Cloud Metallic two tone. I actually enjoy the 2 tone look and think the sliders would look good in that color/it would be different from the typical black you see on most rigs.

I live by the coast so 90% of my wheeling is in the sand and the sliders wont be needed but I do occasionally make it to some rockier trails where they may be needed. I have heard people recommend POR15 for sliders, so my plan was prep them for POR, brush on the POR then spray a coat or 2 of primer then a few coats of color. I feel like this would give me decent protection against corrosion if the paint ever gets chipped or scratched and I dont touch it up right away.

Lastly anyone know where I could find spray paint in that color, duplicolor doesn't seem to carry it in their perfect match paint. I have found this website but just wondering if I may be able to find it cheaper anywhere else. Touch Up Paint | PaintScratch.com how many cans are typically needed for a pair of sliders?

A few poser pics for attention.
FB_IMG_1583340957460.jpg
FB_IMG_1583340962101.jpg
FB_IMG_1583340966870.jpg
FB_IMG_1583340970340.jpg
received_430396537632601.jpeg

Not sure I’d use por15 on new metal but I’ll let other s speak to that. I just used rustoleum self etching primer and rustoleum top coat.

I think it’d look fine in that gray and darker grays—probably not other colors.

If I was going to color match I’d go with automotivetouchup.com. I’ve had good luck with them.

Good look on the automotivetouchup definitely cheaper than what I had found. How many cans of paint/primer did you need?

I know POR15 has a solution to use for new metal but I'm starting to hear some mixed reviews about paint adhesion over it, hoping others here can chime in with experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom