Colombian FZJ73 Dana 60 Rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1995 FZJ73 with a Dana 60 Differential in the rear. I want to change the fluid and replace the rear cover with one that has a drain plug for easier fluid changes. My question is does this require an additive for the limited slip? Does the below gear oil have the required additive already?

Finally, if I do need to add the additive....how much does the Dana 60 need?

UdAq249.jpg

IGph4xA.jpg
H51oV22.jpg
yYfYL4y.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 1995 FZJ73 with a Dana 60 Differential in the rear. I want to change the fluid and replace the rear cover with one that has a drain plug for easier fluid changes. My question is does this require an additive for the limited slip? Does the below gear oil have the required additive already?

Finally, if I do need to add the additive....how much does the Dana 60 need?

UdAq249.jpg

IGph4xA.jpg
H51oV22.jpg
yYfYL4y.jpg
Mac, Sent you a text.

Does the below gear oil have the required additive already?

It does say "excellent for use in LSD" That would be good enough for me.

.how much does the Dana 60 need?
Pretty much all gearboxes, t/cases and diffs are filled to the filler hole. That eliminates over filling. Just make sure everything is level so you you get accuracy

Yes...it has an LSD and 4.11 gears.

Got It all buttoned up and tested. All works as it should and no leaks !! I removed the Yukon emblem plate and welded my emergency brake cable support mount in its place.

Last edited:
Well....let me update for ignorance. 😀

After a little more research and simple testing, I don’t have and LSD. Kinda disappointed to be sure. Now I gotta figure out my options for This Dana 60 if I want to upgrade the traction any.

GxcG8Vh.jpg

KUzkoN1.jpg

My axle code is different than the standard.... maybe cause SA or the Dana 60.
GFwStu2.jpg

You have no axle code.

That's a serial number for something....

Your truck is a CKD which means that it is outside of the normal conventions of Plant A1, Line 1 build data plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom