Colombia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a few more.
IMG_9162.jpg
IMG_9163.jpg
IMG_9164.jpg

I could have licked this one. Perfect paint job sprayed with an underliner and then painted over underneight. Frame was Perfect every shackle and bolt was brand new. Interior was beyond perfect. Not a drop of oil. Long tube headers. Aftermarket winch bumper and tire carrier rear. Looked to be a 2.5" lift with 33" tires. If only I had more time here. I guess you can get a complete rebuilt for about 10K. I bet this was one of those 30+K cars you see on ebay. AMAZING.
IMG_9156.jpg
IMG_9157.jpg

Jason, very nice. Look forward to seeing it in person. Hope it all works out, if you need anyone to help out in assisting you on delivery let me know. If it's charleston, then I wouldn't have to be conviced....

Man that 43 is NICE! You have done a good job doing the leg work to see this thing through.

Great find, cannot wait to see this one in person...Hurry back, safely.

hey jason..............wanna grab me one too and split a container???? :D

looking good, cant wait to see her land safely stateside. That thing looks way clean inside.

Well it is definitly not comming in by OBX. Looks like it will be going out of country on the 21st. So that puts it comming in around the 1st of May.

Anyone know anybody who has been to the ports before and knows how to get thru all of the paperwork? It is landing in Charleston?

Or a company that will just do it all and put it on a trailer/flatbed and deliver to my front porch?

I decided to get it running good before it left as it is just pooping around now. I got a good recomendationg from a fellow cruiser guy here and for 40 bucks the guy is going to come to the embassy grab the carb...take it back rebuild the entire thing...and then bring it back and tune it and make sure it is running good. Should be able to take it on the road as soon as it lands in country.

I'm leaving country in the Morning so I left it here with someone else who is going to finish it all up for me.

Crazy ride and hopefully a happy ending. We will find out in a month.

I know you're going to need to fill out EPA form3520-1
Link: http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/forms/3520-1.pdf

Military can import a vehicle duty free if you've been on an extended duty: 140 days or more (can't sell it to me until a year, or you'll have to pay the duty :) )

USDOT Form: HS-7
Link: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/hs799short.pdf

NC DMV will need a bill of sale and a copy of the previous registration if possible. Before you can get a title, they'll send out a theft inspector to take a look at it, then you can get a title.

This is what I remember from importing mine. I'm not sure coming from Columbia it will be any different, but at least it'll get you started...

Hope this helps..

Yes, I read about those forms. Luckily it is over 25 years so it doesn't have to pass emission and the safety test. That is if I read it correctly.

Great another safety inspection. The nimrod that came out before couldn't tell a steering wheel from a tire let alone inspect a car. Not to mention rude as hell. About knocked his teeth out. All over an old POS Dodge.

I have all of the history of the car and the Bill of Sale so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds like I'm going to try and title it in Oregon. That way I don't have to worry about the inspection and pay all the damn taxes they have in this state.

You will need proof of residence in Oregon. The trucks is exempt from inspection in NC anyways due to the age I believe. Taxes should not be anything major. Unless I am missing something about you becoming an Oregon resident.

You will need proof of residence in Oregon. The trucks is exempt from inspection in NC anyways due to the age I believe. Taxes should not be anything major. Unless I am missing something about you becoming an Oregon resident.

x 2. Juans right. The only inspection that you will have to go through is a safety inspection due to the age of the truck. I dont remember my taxes being much on my old 40. For what its worth, I had to go through a lot of hoops getting the title straightened out on my 40. I had to take it over to the license and theft division for an inspection, all in all those were pretty good guys to deal with.

Taxes should be less than 100 bucks from what I can remember. No worries on the inspection either...bring that toy to the homeland NC :)

I will have to dig into it a bit more I guess. I am an Oregon resident and have all of my rigs but my dodge registered there. I don't have to pay taxes, the registration and liscensing is about the same or cheaper and I don't have to deal with the theft inspection. I bet most of those inspectors are ok but the one for Harnett County is an Ahole.

Just found out yesterday that I might get left behind for this rotation. Good for wheeling bad for cash flow. So we will see what gets done. Bright side though looks like I will get to come out a lot this year and play. Might even get my wife into it....though she bailed out on the 80 as a daily driver becuase of gas price fears...:doh:

Will find out today but looking like an early May arrival for the FJ43.

I bet most of those inspectors are ok but the one for Harnett County is an Ahole.

Yeah youre right, anytime youre dealing with something like that it is truly luck of the draw

I'm sure you can find a load of people in Wake county that'll have it inspected, titled, and garaged for you...

Taxes should be less than 100 bucks from what I can remember. No worries on the inspection either...bring that toy to the homeland NC :)

I just registered my '76 40 - hut was $30, I believe - i still have to do the safety inspection as it is less than 35 years old - but not til I get a ground issue resolved ;)

Yep still working on it. The keep finding extra FEEs and paperwork that they need. Up to another 200+ bucks YAY...Nickle and diming me these damn things do. But if all goes well it should be here some day. I don't even care when now. I doubt it will leave this week like it was suppossed to probably next or another couple.

Just think of the end result, eyes on the prize!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom