Collateral damage from PHH fix. Broken Connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After fixing the PHH, the truck doesn't do anything when trying to start it. Not a problem before. Went back and found the circle connector broken right under the PHH area. I have no idea what it's or if it's the reason the engine wouldn't even turn.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mo

image_2280~2.jpg

The sensor I'm looking for I think is the one by it self towards the back just cut out of the picture. The 4 that are underlined are the ones just over the oil filter. Let know if I'm looking at the diagram wrong. Thank you for the help,

Before you replace that knock sensor, install new clamps. Those don’t play well with silicon hose. Breeze constant torque clamps are best.

Here’s an unobstructed view of the knock sensor and the constant torque clamps you want to use.

B972226F-310B-41DF-861D-D76F468F3ABA.jpeg

So a broken connector to the knock sensor will cause a no start condition?

So a broken connector to the knock sensor will cause a no start condition?

probably so. I don’t have the FSM to verify, but the ECU is going to check for faults before it’ll allow the engine to fire. This would definitely create a fault. Someone with more knowledge than me can chime in to confirm or not.

Thank you CaptClose, will this sensor keep the engine from turning? Any suggestions where I can find one.

Thank you CaptClose, will this sensor keep the engine from turning? Any suggestions where I can find one.

they’re still available from the dealer as far as I know, but I’d just put a “wanted” post in the classified section and see if someone has a spare for you. They are not that cheap.

I just went through this as well. The engine would turn over and start in my case. Ran terribly and the p0330 code of course. If yours in not turning over, you have something else in play.

Thank you for all the help. Was able to find the sensor at cruiser parts, I'll go from there hoping this will fix it.
She was running smooth before the phh. Now won't even crank any advice is welcome.

If it won’t crank, I would spend some time looking at the starter wiring you were reaching around while doing the PHH.

With the key in the on position, is the check engine light on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom