Cold Air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snorkels are the offroad version of Cold air intake if they were called "clean" air intake instead of 'cold' air intake. Not only will it take cooler air into the system, it will prevent water and dust from entering your engine.

Personally I prefer to leave the stock air box with an aftermarket filter. it has more than once saved my intake from sucking in water in deep water crossings where an open air filter or cold air would have been sucking it up.

Personally I prefer to leave the stock air box with an aftermarket filter. it has more than once saved my intake from sucking in water in deep water crossings where an open air filter or cold air would have been sucking it up.
Don't think so.
open filter has to be almost completely submerged.
Most of the stock systems have a tube, that works remarkably well as a straw to make it MORE likely to hydro-lock. And the intake location is great for air... really bad for a "bow wave".

Ya, I ever quite understood that, putting the intake right behind the headlight like that.

Bad idea, especially off road. Snorkel = win, you're not faster but functionally you're better off.

Thanks for all the help guys, I guess headers are the way to go, now to just come up with a plan to convince Mama that I need this part. If I missed a perviouse post I apologize. I really do appreciate all the help.

I personally would really think twice about the headers too. LOTS of money for very little gain, if any.

Call Tim at DOA Racing Engines: D.O.A. Racing Engines This guy knows the 3VZ-E very well, and how to get every bit out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom