Cold AC only on "LO", heat on all other temperatures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This forum has given me so much information. I always feel guilty that I can't contribute anything technical back to it... Until now!

I had an issue that it seems a few others have had lately. Basically, the AC only blows cold when the temperature dial is all the way counterclockwise (on LO). Every other temperature blew hot air, even if the dial was at 65 (the temp nearest to LO).

Turns out the issue was with the inside temperature sensor. It was unplugged.... Opps. I unplugged it when I was replacing the master cylinder, which required removing some of the driver's side dash/instrument panel components. I must have unplugged it during that process and since it is so small I missed it when I was reinstalling everything. It was winter when I did that work and I had it on max heat all the time, so the connection to the MC repair job wasn't immediately obvious when I finally noticed the issue.

See below for a picture of the connector and the sensor. Once I plugged it back in my AC was functional again. Always nice when a fix doesn't cost a dime!

IMG-2605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom