code read out C0215 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The code above and dash lights, 4lo, vsc, brake, cdl, ABS is not working, have been on my dash for a little over a month now - been busy. Anyhow, I hooked up the diagnosis tool and first code was LH rear speed sensor, which I've replaced. Now the code is reading rear speed sensor LH "circuit". I had my rear speed harness replaced three years ago due to a shops negligence to unhook the speed sensors before dropping the rear axle. anyone have a clue what I can check next or a solution. My normal Toyota master tech is going to schedule me for later this week or beginning of next to get it in there but I'm sure that'll be a $500 job. I'd rather spend the $500 on my 80 series if I can fix this little issue myself.
thanks

2FEF45B1-04C1-4149-99C9-4A213E3BC214.png

My wild guess is that the rear lh bearing is shot and keeps getting crap in your speed sensor. Sadly it is just a guess.

Good guess. I hope thats Not the deal. I’ll find out Thursday. I dont do wheel bearings. Thats above my comfort / skillset.

I’m going to farm out my rear bearings too. Requires a bunch of tools I don’t have.

Update: Faulty speed wire harness. one of the 20 gauge wires was toast for whatever reason. Fixed now and no dash lights.
now we know!
thanks

Well I've got C0210 the right hand speed sensor version of C0215. Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom