Code 11 and Location Of ECU Ground (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Warning...electrical diagnosis is not my forte. I have a 90 FJ62. Check engine light came on and diagnosed code 22 (water temp sensor) and code 11 (momentary interruption in power supply to ECU). Fixed/replaced the temp sensor. On to the ECU. Ran troubleshooting from FSM pages FI-30 to FI-32. I showed voltage in all circuits (step 1 of each). The M-REL to E1 was a little low but I suspect it may be my technique.

I am thinking of checking the ECU ground (the harness). Where is that located? Also where is the EFI main relay located so I can take a look at that ground as well? Anything else I should look at? Finally, is it OK to drive around with this issue? I don't want to get stuck somewhere. Thank you.

Edit: I located the EFI main relay. I should have checked FSM first...

Edit #2: My issue has morphed into something similar to Walrus and having issues with starting/idling. It will start and then whimper and die. Trying to add gas only hastens its dying out. Have checked most of the items suggested in this other thread. I have come to a point where the FSM has me doing the following...."check wiring between ECU terminal and body ground." Page FI-33, dealing with the FPR.

So, my same basic question...where does the ECU harness get grounded? Is it somehow tied into the chassis frame grounds? Appreciate any assistance.

Last edited:
I just edited the original post but apparently need to bump to get back in the current threads. Thank you.

Thanks. That did help. I cleaned it up, was connected, reattached and code 11 is gone. However, now I get three new ones. 22 water temp sensor signal....why, I just replaced it previously. 24 intake air temp sensor. Troubleshoot per page FI-36 and there is voltage between the two terminals. Last, code 31 air flow meter signal. That checks out ok per page FI-35. Might be time for a trip to the shop. Still conks out after starting.

Can someone enlighten me on what the fix for this was? I've read both posts and I can't seem to find the answer. After 30 minutes or so of driving, CEL comes on and throws a code 11. I have the FSM and know what it says, but it just says check. What should I be looking for? Thanks

Can someone enlighten me on what the fix for this was? I've read both posts and I can't seem to find the answer. After 30 minutes or so of driving, CEL comes on and throws a code 11. I have the FSM and know what it says, but it just says check. What should I be looking for? Thanks
Did you ever find out the issue? I’m going through the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom