Coastal Cruiser meeting Feb 12...BE THERE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HEADS UP CC MEMBERS...MEETING NEXT WEEK FEB 12. :beer:
FebruaryCCad3.jpg
FebruaryCCad3.jpg

Will those girls be there? I called the EBI shop a few days ago and the person who answered the phone didn't sound anything like those gals in the photo!

I will be there regardless, all the way from the east coast of the US!

Yes, those girls are the President and Vice-President of our club, and they supply entertainment throughout the meeting evening. The guy on the phone at EBI is just a troll we hire to prevent Land Rover infiltration. Sorry you can't make it....:beer:

Actually Scalp, I believe fireball will be attending. Looks like I will also be attending, though my travel will be less than fireball's

Indeed, I will be there.

@Scalp, are you bringing the 74? I just bought one a few weeks ago, it is at Jason's shop getting armor fitted and I'll flying in Wednesday to pick it up. Would enjoy checking your truck out. I bought this one sight unseen, without ever having seen one in real life or ever driving a RHD vehicle. Should be fun :)

Reactions: kim
No, I don't licence it over the winter until May for our first upcountry runs. They are great trucks, very heavy duty, however not comfortable on long journeys. I put in a spring suspension driver's seat and moved it back about 6 inches. The '74 is not designed for North American 6' driver's legs. I wouldn't want to drive it all the way back to the east coast either. Glenn has taken his 74 down to Moab a number of times but has now purchased a HDJ81 which will be his long distance vehicle. The RHD is easy to get used to, I don't know why some of these pansies seem to have trouble adjusting to it.
~Bill :steer:

I've got 5000 miles ahead of me, broken up into two 15-17 day long chunks. I'm 6'2" so your post was bad news all around!

Any more details on the brackets needed to get more driver seat travel ? I might be needing that.

Yup, I moved my 74 seat back as well prior to a trip to Alaska. That was a good thing. One day soon I will have to make a visit to a meeting and see some familiar and probably many unfamiliar faces. I saw your truck at the Shop (share with Ciaran) and Jason will do right by you with all his work.

gb

Fireball:
I had to make my own brackets and drill new holes in the floor. I put a different seat in, one with side bolsters and more comfortable. When you drill new holes, the underside of the floor has to be reinforced for strength. It is a bit of fiddling around, but well worth it. :cheers:
Greg:
We look forward to seeing you again. :wrench:

Fireball:
My advice to you at this point is to ship your vehicle by truck or train back east. This winter is brutal across the continent with snow and freezing temperatures. Your truck is an unknown quantity for reliability until you get to know its mechanical condition and roadworthiness. Alternately, you could store the truck at EBI and come back for it in the spring when the climate is not so hostile.
~Bill

Bill - where's your sense of adventure and excitement? :)

The truck has been gone over pretty thoroughly and given a clean bill of health by Ciaran. I'll have a new suspension fitted by the guys @just differentials and a new set of tires. Meandering slowly down to Portland, then joining 2 buddies a few weeks later for the trip east through central OR, UT, Moab, etc.

Sounds like a great adventure! Look forward to meeting you at the club meeting! :beer:

I was assuming that you just bought the truck and was intending to simply drive alone across Canada as is. Yes, if it's been checked over by Ciaran and has been through considerable repairs of suspension and new tires, then it sounds more feasible. To go south first, then across the south western states is a good strategy, especially with a couple of buddies. Sounds like more of a plan than I assumed.
~Bill

Bill, with any luck I'll be able to talk one of those gals in the photo you posted above to tagalong with me. Solely as a travel companion of course, wouldn't want my wife to think I was up to no good!

Oh, I guess you haven't heard yet that those two babes were busted today for reasons I can't discuss online.
Sorry about that, but maybe we'll find some substitutes by Thursday. :lol:

Coastal Cruiser elections for President, Vice President, Treasurer, & Secretary-Coordinator will be this Thursday at the February 12 meeting. If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please make sure you are present. We encourage members to participate and become involved in the running of our club.

Unfortunately, I am not able to attend this meeting. Sorry to miss meeting you fireball. I hope you have a great road trip across our great countries.

Indeed, I will be there.

@Scalp, are you bringing the 74? I just bought one a few weeks ago, it is at Jason's shop getting armor fitted and I'll flying in Wednesday to pick it up. Would enjoy checking your truck out. I bought this one sight unseen, without ever having seen one in real life or ever driving a RHD vehicle. Should be fun :)
Fireball:
Gary T will be bringing his BJ74 to the meeting for you to have a look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom