CO2 Bottle Recertification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
I found out my Power Tank has expired. The place Tri-Gas recommended wanted $100 to inspect my bottle. Anybody have another, less expensive, alternative?

5 years old.

Jon -

I am just going through the same thing. My bottle is at Aidant Cylinder Maintenance Company as we speak. The work has been done (by Jose) and I just need to go and pick it up. I'm a little confused because Tri-Gas had recommended Aidant to me maybe last year, because I knew my recertification would be coming up soon. Perhaps you could share the name of the vendor that they suggested?

Anyway, Jose at Aidant said my cylinder (15 lb.) would run about $60 to recertify. He said they could also fill it with CO2 for another $18 or so. The total with tax was about $83. I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks on the fill at Tri-Gas, but for the lack of hassle, I told him to go ahead and fill it.

Given that you have a 10-lb. tank (if memory serves), your cost may be a little less.

Aidant is right around the corner from Tri-Gas. I thing T-G is on Washington? From there, go north about a block and turn left on Anaheim. Follow Anaheim west until the stop sign, and turn left on Washington Place. Aidant is at the end of the cul-de-sac. There's a sign (8301 Washington Place NE). Their number is 828-2895.

You may want to call before you make the trip. It sounds like Jose is in the shop "as long as there is work to do" but generally 8:00 to 4:30 is what I remember. He was pretty quick - I dropped it off on Friday last week and he called on Tuesday to let me know that it was ready for pick-up. Good luck and keep me posted as to how it goes.

Evan,

This is the same place. I must have walked in on a cranky day. I'll try again and see what they say. I can live with $60.

I had to do mine last year and took in another 5# bottle at the same time. I took both tanks to Argyle Welding Supply, 1575 Candelaria.

I cannot recall the exact price but it was closer to $60 than to $90. I think they recertified both tanks and filled them with CO2 for around $60.

-Mike-

Evan,

This is the same place. I must have walked in on a cranky day. I'll try again and see what they say. I can live with $60.

That's odd. Hopefully, my $60 quote for a 15 lb. tank will give you some leverage on the price.

I have used Argyle for filling the tank once when the Tri-Gas CO2 equipment was down. As I recall, the fill was a couple bucks more than Tri-Gas at the time. It may be worth it to check with them on the recertify price.

Resurrection of an old thread.

I had a bottle that needed to be hydro tested. I took it to Aidant, which has done the work for me in the past. Bottom, line, they don't do the testing any more, and they are not aware of anybody in NM that does the work. She had heard somebody in Santa Fe was doing it, but was unable to figure out who that is. They now send their bottles to some place in AZ. She indicated everybody else does too. She said they have been trying to find out what the SCUBA people are doing with no luck.

I was quoted $80 to do the testing, plus shipping (she said $60, which sounded high). Doing a little homework, you can get a new 10# bottle for $104 to your door.

This just sucks. Just think of all the CO2, welding, diving, and other bottles out there just in ABQ that need periodic testing. Too Google I go to see if anything is available online for testing.

Last edited:
Resurrection of an old thread.

I had a bottle that needed to be hydro tested. I took it to Aidant, which has done the work for me in the past. Bottom, line, they don't do the testing any more, and they are not aware of anybody in NM that does the work. She had heard somebody in Santa Fe was doing it, but was unable to figure out who that is. They now send their bottles to some place in AZ. She indicated everybody else does too. She said they have been trying to find out what the SCUBA people are doing with no luck.

I was quoted $80 to do the testing, plus shipping (she said $60, which sounded high). Doing a little homework, you can get a new 10# bottle for $104 to your door.

This just sucks. Just think of all the CO2, welding, diving, and other bottles out there just in ABQ that need periodic testing. Too Google I go to see if anything is available online for testing.

I went to Argyle within the last year for a tank testing. They are on Comanche by I-25. I think I paid for it there, then had to take the tank to their shop on Candelaria for the test and fill. They may have had it for a couple days, but they sure didn’t need to ship it anywhere. I don’t recall a price - let me see if I kept the receipt.

Thanks. They did my last bottle maybe 2 years ago. I will give them a call.

Called Argyle. They said $35 to test and fill. Wait is 2 weeks. I will drop off tomorrow and hope it's true.

Called Argyle. They said $35 to test and fill. Wait is 2 weeks. I will drop off tomorrow and hope it's true.

Where are you having your tank filled at normally? Does Tri-gas still do it on a walk-in bases?

Thanks

Sounds better than what you were hearing from the other place. Keep us posted.

Where are you having your tank filled at normally? Does Tri-gas still do it on a walk-in bases?

Thanks
I've used Tri-gas. No longer walk in you need to drop it off at their 2nd street store.

Last edited:
Argyle tested my 10 lb Co2 tank last spring. Had to wait about a week and the price was about what your quote was.
I used to go to Aident, but they stopped doing it. Tri Gas told me 3 weeks plus and they shipped it to some place.
Argyle is the only place I know of , locally.

@pappy please ask argyle about the future of their testing... when they did mine in June the tech made a vague comment about corporate support for keeping their aged test rig going. It was down when I dropped mine off and took several weeks for the backlog to shake out

Well, they took it. Said two weeks. I guess we shall see.

Got the bottle back. $35 to test, $22 to fill, plus tax and "hazardous material charge." Total $66 out the door. But, they can do it.

That is what I paid earlier this year. Took about a week and a half turnaround. Hope in 5 years they are still doing it locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom