clutch master cylinder

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by boerboel313, Jun 24, 2005.

1. boerboel313

boerboel313

My CMC is leaking a bit throught the fire wall and the clutch plate is slipping. The clutch was replaced 6 mos ago. I have just purchased a new CMC along with a new slave. How difficult is it to replace and bleed the line?
    Thanks,
    :beer:

2. zuluzeugma

zuluzeugma

Media:
    Albums:
    very easy to change both of them. My girl friend and I had the line bled in about 3.5 minutes.

3. Russ in California

Russ in California

Media:
    Albums:
    Just wondering where you picked up you cmc and can you tell what bore size it is?
    I bought one through my work(NAPA). ARI brand and it was, I think, 3/4" bore. The one on my rig is 5/8".
    :cool:

4. lovetoski

lovetoski SILVER Star

It's pretty easy. Be careful when removing the hardlines - use penetrating oil and a flare nut wrench. Also, not sure if you got a new soft line to attach to the slave...if not your old one may be cracked, so be carefull with it. Suggest you replace it though. Finally, the FSM has instructions on how to set the clutch pedal height correctly after you replace everything. As mentioned previously, bleeding is a piece of cake, though I think it took my son and I more like 5 minutes...

One more thing - wear safety glasses when you are underneath - it sucks to get old grimey junk in your eyes.

5. boerboel313

boerboel313

Thanks for all the input, I got my MS and Slave from man-a-fre, for $85.87 including shipping.
    I have no idea what size it is.
    Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.