Club Run - June 19th, 2021 - Medano Pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The club run this coming weekend the 19th is for Medano Pass.

The road is open, but it looks like there's a good bit of washout.

I will be going up Friday morning/afternoon with @skibum1985 . We'll be camping Friday and Saturday night, but plan to camp near the top so that we can meet the club Saturday when y'all get to the trail head.

I'll leave the route planning for those who are leaving from Colorado Springs, but I believe the club met at the SafeWay off of S. Nevada last year and took a route that went out 24.

Let us know when you'll try to be at the trail head and we'll meet you there.

-Patrick

Just came from there and it’s not too bad at all . We came from the dunes side and went all the way up and about 4 miles further down 559. Have fun, it’s beautiful down there!

FE92DFAE-0FC8-4607-9959-44351390CC62.jpeg

1AE38527-841A-4919-8192-802C990DB67D.jpeg

Hey @SAS . What are your thoughts on Medano this weekend. Are you putting together a meeting point or want someone else to initiate? Looking forward to it!

I was planning on going and camping overnight Saturday-Sunday, but I'm stuck working on Saturday instead.

I begged off on Tuesday morning so I could go to the "gate swing" (seasonal gate opening) on China Wall with Colorado Four Wheelers and Stay the Trail. Ha! Now I'm working on Saturday!

The usual meeting spot is Safeway, 1920 S. Nevada Ave. (park on the east side, facing Nevada Ave.)

Typically the group would meet before 8:30am, and depart close to 8:30 (radio checks, etc.)

Drive Hwy 115 down to Penrose, meet any coming up from Pueblo West. Continue down Hwy 115 to Florence and then take Hwy 67 south to Wetmore. From there, take Hwy 96 south and west to Westcliffe and turn left (south) on Hwy 69 (take a break, fuel up, etc. at the Shell station at Hermit Rd./CR 160). FS Road 559 (Medano) is about 20 miles south. Looking at Goolag Maps, you want the southern entrance to 559 (south of the big private ranch-wolf springs ranch).

Maybe @ICD FJ40 will lead this one! @LC4LIFE Or @twbland or @EricG

Last edited:
Sorry you're not going to make it, Tracy. Adeline was looking forward to seeing Percy.

Those of you leaving from the Springs, I'll check this thread before I head out of cell service.

If I see people are leaving from the Springs tomorrow, I'll plan to be at the top of the pass waiting for y'all around 11:30-12:00.

If I don't see anyone post here, I'll keep an eye out on the pass but probably wont run to the top of the pass to wait.

We plan to camp off the pass, so lookout for some 80's and a 100. If you see us, crash the camp site.

-Patrick.

I was planning on going and camping overnight Saturday-Sunday, but I'm stuck working on Saturday instead.

I begged off on Tuesday morning so I could go to the "gate swing" (seasonal gate opening) on China Wall with Colorado Four Wheelers and Stay the Trail. Ha! Now I'm working on Saturday!

The usual meeting spot is Safeway, 1920 S. Nevada Ave. (park on the east side, facing Nevada Ave.)

Typically the group would meet before 8:30am, and depart close to 8:30 (radio checks, etc.)

Drive Hwy 115 down to Penrose, meet any coming up from Pueblo West. Continue down Hwy 115 to Florence and then take Hwy 67 south to Wetmore. From there, take Hwy 96 south and west to Westcliffe and turn left (south) on Hwy 69 (take a break, fuel up, etc. at the Shell station at Hermit Rd./CR 160). FS Road 559 (Medano) is about 20 miles south. Looking at Goolag Maps, you want the southern entrance to 559 (south of the big private ranch-wolf springs ranch).

Maybe @ICD FJ40 will lead this one! @LC4LIFE Or @twbland or @EricG

Ah man. How come they won't just let us wheel every day? I can be at Safeway at 1920 S Nevada tomorrow before 8:30am. I have the GPX files uploaded for Medano and we'll be in good shape. @OverlandTrax are you still in? I'm happy to lead or follow. @patrickk I will wait for @OverlandTrax to confirm they are going. If we are confirmed we will post here. Otherwise no need to wait for us.

Doesn't look like anyone else from the Springs is lining up. I'll bow out. Enjoy camping down there guys. Have a good weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom