Club News (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Club t-shirts …..

Let Rob or I know if you have questions or issues.

JUST A REMINDER…..

Mac McNeill (the high sheriff of Jefferson County, FL) and friends have volunteered to once again guide our club through the Aucilla River WMA on April 16th. We will meet at a Hardee’s near the intersection of I-10 and US Hwy 19 (a few miles south of Monticello, FL) at 10:00am. The last time we did this ride we ate lunch at the Flatwoods Cafe in Lamont, FL and I assume we’ll do so again. ….. Clear your calendars…..

JUST A REMINDER…..

Mac McNeill (the high sheriff of Jefferson County, FL) and friends have volunteered to once again guide our club through the Aucilla River WMA on April 16th. We will meet at a Hardee’s near the intersection of I-10 and US Hwy 19 (a few miles south of Monticello, FL) at 10:00am. The last time we did this ride we ate lunch at the Flatwoods Cafe in Lamont, FL and I assume we’ll do so again. ….. Clear your calendars…..
If you plan to attend please let Mac know so he will have accurate numbers ….. thanks

I have an old DJI spark. Don’t fly it much anymore.
No worries. We have a couple of guys that bring theirs to our annual 70 Series Meet & Greet and the videos are always very cool.

Being discussed on our Facebook club page ….. posted by Sam Baker

Would there be any interest in a short event more like a “cars and coffee” where we could get someone to talk about and answer questions about radio comms?

More info on the “comms event”. 😁 (From the club’s Facebook page)

Charles Harrell so let’s plan on April 30th, 9AM-Noon at Reed Bingham State Park if you want to announce the event. I’ll bring coffee and donuts if people will let me know who will be there. Also if you have any specific questions about mobile comms let me know so our guest can prepare a more helpful presentation.

JUST A REMINDER…..

My truck is experiencing some electrical issues and most likely will not be available on the 16th. If there’s an extra seat available I may drive my grocery getter to Monticello and join you guys.
0B6EC1F1-20F9-46A8-BFF2-24621550DEAD.jpeg

Communications inside the WMA are real hit or miss so if you plan to attend make sure to let it be known so we don’t leave anyone behind.

4/12 UPDATE ……..
I just spoke to Mac and he informed me that the Aucilla River WMA is suffering from significant flooding and many of the trails are in bad condition. In an effort to not cause more damage (something the FWC frowns upon) we have changed Saturdays route. We are now to meet in the small community of Miccosukee, FL (meet across the street from the 7-11 on Hwy 59) at 10:00am. The day’s ride will start nearby and will last approximate 3 hours. We’ll end up in Lamont, FL for lunch.
3443149F-C1C9-4FD4-A59B-FDB2324906D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Been on the road for the past month or so and just got back yesterday. Would love to make it out, but the house needs tending! Next time!
There is another event later this month and hopefully we can average at least one every couple of months. We’ve had several club members step forward with event planning which is kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom