Club introductions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My name is Shannon Ranson..i guess i forgot that minor detail. The trail run sounds fun, but having just moved here 3 weeks ago, I am still getting the house/garage unpacked and kids aclimated, I will have to pass on this one.

I seemto see a fair amount of toyota 4x4's around town.

What part of town?

I posted off here a long time ago i would still like to join this club. are you still associated with TLCA? either way, whenever you guys get together again i would like to get in on it if i can.

We would love to have you join us sometime. We dont have club meetings. We do end up with work parties frequently. We also will have several wheeling trips a year. Just keep watching this board as this is where we always post info about upcoming activities. Feel free to join in on any one.

are you still associated with TLCA?

Yes we are associated with the TLCA. We are not a sanctioned TLCA chapter but we do require our members to hold TLCA memberships.

I wish I could hear more updates from this club, or that it was more active not sure which is the case. Either way I would still love to be a part of it, but still not even sure of how.

bj40er, I will try and do a better job of posting up activity. We are very active but have kind of neglected the use of this forum. Just got home from a weekend trip to White Rock mountain where we join up with the Greene County Cruisers out of Tulsa. The weekend before several of us were at SMORR for the opening weekend event and the week before that several of us did a 3 day run down the High water trail in arkansas. St Joe to Russellville on dirt roads. Over presidents weekend we did another exploring run down through the washita mountains. We also did our annual end of January camping trip down on hurricane creek.

I will try and post up trip info in the future but we usually kinda of slow down as summer comes and will pic it back up again in the fall.

Hello there 'Gents (and ladies, I suppose)

Name's Matt. Representing Springfield, Missouri.

Proud owner of an '08 locked FJC.

If any of you want help wrenching on your rigs let me know. I'm looking to improve my wrench-turning skills... presently laughable.

In about 2 months my FJC will no longer be a daily driver and that's when the fun mods start :D

If any of you want help wrenching on your rigs let me know. I'm looking to improve my wrench-turning skills... presently laughable.

In about 2 months my FJC will no longer be a daily driver and that's when the fun mods start :D
Welcome aboard Matt

They're bad about replying I tried awhile back I wish this area had a tlca recognized club because I want something that I could attend

Hey Matt. Welcome to the forum. We don't post on here as much as we should but we are a very active group. When Marty and I decided to set up Cruiser club we did so with the idea of having a group of like minded Toyota enthusiast who were interested in wheeling together. What we didn't want was a club that gathered together monthly at a restaurant. We are fairly active. Some years more than others. We have a trip coming up next month for 3 days down at white rock mountain. Two weeks ago we had a chadwick run. last year we did several trips to arkansas and a week long trip to Colorado.

Anyone that is interested can come on these runs and our bylaws state that you have to actually attend a run before you can be voted in.

As far as being a recognized club, we decide not to pursue that avenue because of the several of the rules that we felt did not fit. We have several tlca members but don't see a need or reason to become a chapter. There are several neighboring TLCA chapters that you can join. Razorback cruisers in Arkansas, Tornado alley in Kc, and Green country cruisers in Ok that several of us are active members in.

Damn the White Rock trip coincides with my trip to Germany otherwise I'd be down there pinstriping my rig :D

Sent from my MotoG3

Hi Matt, Welcome! As Thad mentioned there are not regularly scheduled meetings, however, if you ever want to go wheeling just PM me.

I go quite frequently to SMORR (offroad park) if your not familiar they have trails from easy to extreme. I lean more towards the rock crawling aspect of off-roading.

Last edited:
Hey Matt,
Welcome to the forum, we tend to go on several trips in the winter and early spring. We will make sure to post up the dates.

Hi Matt, Welcome! As Thad mentioned there are not regularly scheduled meetings, however, if you ever want to go wheeling just PM me.

I go quite frequently to SMORR (offroad park) if your not familiar they have trails from easy to extreme. I lean more towards the rock crawling aspect of off-roading.

Sounds fun. Once my FJC is no longer a daily (and geared properly) I'll be happy to join you on the more technical trails. In the mean time I'm game for tagging along with you if you want company in the right seat :D

Hey Matt,
Welcome to the forum, we tend to go on several trips in the winter and early spring. We will make sure to post up the dates.

Sounds good. Can't wait to join in on the fun! I see you're in Springfield too... If you ever want company wrenching on your impressive stable of Cruisers + Tundra do let me know. I'm happy to help.

Chris Howard from Fort Smith Ar.

been a cruiser junkie for quite a while. We have a 75 FJ40, and 83 FJ 60 as well as a 2011 LX570.
Spent 15 years in California doing quite a bit of wheeling (Rubicon, Dusty Ershim ) Moved home and found alot of guys running the bounty hills and it's just not my thing. I've been looking for a good group to wheel with that's not into destroying their stuff every time they go out.

This is starting to sound like im on a dating site, :rofl:

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey ya'll, I'm a member of the Razorback Landcruiser group, and thought I'd say hi here too. I've got a 78 FJ40 that was the first rig I ever bought brand new. I still have it in my shop, getting it back in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom