closing shop and moving to Pheonix area (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am closing shop and moving to the Phoenix area. Looking forward to moving out to the desert. Wife's job is in Scottsdale and we are looking north for a place to live. if possible can someone point me in the right direction to live, we do need a good elementary and high school for the kido. I will also need a separate garage and or shop for my toys. If anybody knows of a house for sale with a shop let me know. We have a Realtor working but has not turned up much. Looking forward to wheeling with y'all. O ya, close to the trails would be nice.......

JK

What are you looking to spend? I may have just the place and am contemplating selling. House is nothing too special, just a 3 bed 2 bath ranch style. Shop though is a 40x45x14, 2 large doors, the 2 post lift stays, and wired on a sub panel off the house. PM me if interested.

Are you going to open shop here in Phoenix? Those FJ40 rear bumpers look nice.

I do not know yet. I am sure i will be helping people in the club on there trucks but I really do not know what the market is like. I may end up doing just that. the hard thing is the moving of everything with out being misplaced. I have not done a lot of bumpers lately but build a lot of linked trucks and engine swaps... I do still have the prototype to build more though........ Yes I am interested in the house...

I have know ideal except that the north part of Phoenix, like cave creek and on is suppose to be good for schools and easier for my wife to get to work. I have heard(just what i have been told so if you live there don't get mad at me) mesa is the drug town.. we want to stay away from the bad parts..... But I really don't know what it is like or where to live..

any help will be appreciated.

I do not know yet. I am sure i will be helping people in the club on there trucks but I really do not know what the market is like. I may end up doing just that. the hard thing is the moving of everything with out being misplaced. I have not done a lot of bumpers lately but build a lot of linked trucks and engine swaps... I do still have the prototype to build more though........ Yes I am interested in the house...

I have know ideal except that the north part of Phoenix, like cave creek and on is suppose to be good for schools and easier for my wife to get to work. I have heard(just what i have been told so if you live there don't get mad at me) mesa is the drug town.. we want to stay away from the bad parts..... But I really don't know what it is like or where to live..

any help will be appreciated.

Bad parts in every town just like any large city. What area will your wife be working in? What are your requirement on housing? Personaly I would rent for 6 months to get acquainted with all the areas. As for schools some of the strongest academics are charter schools. Check out Greatschools.org for more info on schools citywide.

Scottsdale, the problem is I need a place to store all my shop stuff.. but yes are considering renting also..

We moved across town for the schools in Chandler. There are still some large older homes with attached shops down here as well. Depending on what your wife does, and how flexible her employer is, you may want to look this way.

We moved to Chandler from Tucson for my work. The wife is still looking for a job, and the south end of Scottsdale certainly seems to be within rational range.

Homes in Scottsdale

Send me your requirements. Size, number of bedrooms, etc. Also how much do you want to spend. Homes in Scottsdale on large lots can be pricey. I've been in the Valley for over 60 years so know a little about the area. :) Tell me what you want and I'll send you what I can find in the MLS.
Ray
Oh, and please PM me your e-mail address. Thanks

Just rent the first 6 or so month's is the right move sometimes new jobs don't work out even with the same company that moves. Their's tons of homes for sale wouldn't be in any rush and I don't see housing prices going up in the near future or far for that matter maybe even one more down turn in pricing who knows
If you sold your home and have the cash think I would hang onto it till you get a feel for the valley after the dry heat of June July August .Slow and steady wins the race

Well..... don't think we're gonna let you go just because you're relocating. You're still a part of Lone Star. Good folks like y'all are hard to come by.
Keep in touch and Happy Trails!
Nick

Hands off Green Lantern, he's ours now! (Come to the dark side, we have cookies:p). - Look forward to meeting you at next month’s cruise. And welcome to Arizona.

Well, looks like the cat is out of the bag. Nick i will be coming back for round up after I get setteled in but this also means y'all will have to come out to az for a run. the good thing is i will be attending cruise Moab after I am settled and many others. Got like ten phone calls yesterday that were from people wanting to get stuff done before I leave, sorry. shop is closed, Have a early bronco engine swap , a buggy coil over change and gear change an I am working on my truck and closing here. Can not wait to get to my new place to wheel... I may be hitching rides until I finish the rig but cant wait. Will probably not be for a few months, unless our house sells quick. Oh By the way, I have a house for sell in Round Rock Texas, 3/2 on a half acre, 3 car garage and best of all single story........

COOKIE!!!
(read with Cookie Monster voice)

Arizona's getting a fine mechanic and great cruiserhead. Thanks Jason for giving me a reason to travel west.
;)
Nick

Hands off Green Lantern, he's ours now! (Come to the dark side, we have cookies:p). - Look forward to meeting you at next month’s cruise. And welcome to Arizona.

Sorry to see you go Jason we'll miss you in Texas :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom