closing shop and moving to Pheonix area (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just shopped for a month for a 4 bedroom with detached shop up North. 85254, 85032. Not much to be had. I did find a big lot with no HOA with room that i'll build on.

For sure, do the rental thing for a bit. The market here is a buyer's deal and there is no shortage of inventory. Are you going to continue the cruiser buisness while you are here?

OK, coming to AZ this weekend, will be looking at a couple of houses, one is in San Tan? by Queen Creek. We do not know about the schools and off-roading near there. Or where the nearest store is. looks like there is a test track or race track there though.... and looking up in Anthem cave creek area. may look at a few more but coming just to drive around and look at the area. Can y'all tell me how the wheeling is around the Queen creek area, Quads and 4x4 trails??

We moved to Chandler from Tucson for my work. The wife is still looking for a job, and the south end of Scottsdale certainly seems to be within rational range.

x2 on southern Scottsdale. I've lived there for most of my life. Good value for the money, decent neighborhoods and easy freeway access.:clap:

Those locations are kind of at the far end of the valley here from each other. Probably one hour traffic drive on a decent day going from Anthem to San Tan. Didnt you say your wife was going to work in Scottsdale? The drive from San Tan IMO will be too far. Anthem wouldnt necc be much better unless she will be working in far north Scottsdale.

Youll just have to do some seat time and see what you think. Yes, there are some great quading areas not too far from either location!

OK, coming to AZ this weekend, will be looking at a couple of houses, one is in San Tan? by Queen Creek. We do not know about the schools and off-roading near there. Or where the nearest store is. looks like there is a test track or race track there though.... and looking up in Anthem cave creek area. may look at a few more but coming just to drive around and look at the area. Can y'all tell me how the wheeling is around the Queen creek area, Quads and 4x4 trails??

Do your homework on the QC area. Most of that area was farmland until a few years ago. They've had some issues with fissures and sinkholes.:eek: Some 'hoods down there are not on municipal water and sewer which could cause some issues down the road. The vacancy rates are also high. QC is pretty much BFE to most of the area, so make sure you are comfortable with the commutes.

We have a lot of friends up in Anthem, and it is much closer to the great northern areas of Arizona. Also, Ben Avery, our best shooting range in this state, is right around the corner. But, the commute is an issue depending on where your wife works. During rush hours the main congestion points are insane. Also, I don’t think the home owners’ associations are going to put up with much wrenching in your driveway.

I'm in San Tan Ranch in Gilbert, is that where your talking about? I think the drive from Gilbert to Scottsdale would certainly be better than from Anthem. However I would suggest that you try out each drive during Morning rush hour to be sure. I can tell you that the 101 between the 51 and the Pecos curve is a F'N nightmare in the mornings. The schools here in "Higley" are a joke although to be honest I think that's pretty much a statewide deal maybe its just the valley. We are pretty close to some nice wheeling and quadding areas. Such as Florence Junction, 4peaks OHV. Canyon, Apache, Roosevelt and some other lakes are close. The Mogollion(sp?) rim is a fairly short drive for some great camping, and fishing. It all depends on your preferences. Give me a call if you want and I can show you around some if you want. PM me for details :D

Do your homework on the QC area. Most of that area was farmland until a few years ago. They've had some issues with fissures and sinkholes.:eek: Some 'hoods down there are not on municipal water and sewer which could cause some issues down the road. The vacancy rates are also high. QC is pretty much BFE to most of the area, so make sure you are comfortable with the commutes.

Stay away from the Queen Creek area. Rob is absolutely right and you really don't want to gamble with this. There are so many other areas to look at too.

I would stay away from Queen Creek because it only has 2 ways into/out of the place. There are issues with which emergency stations respond when there is a 911 call, etc.

The Laveen area has some nice bank owned homes you could probably pick up for a steal. It is near 51st Ave and Baseline.

The Valley is a big place. You are getting suggestions from all corners. If wifey's commute is the main factor, optimize accordingly. Trails and mountains are to North and East with emphasis on North.

You might find a great looking house in Pima county corridor built on pig s*** and scorpians with only a 35 minute drive to Safeway. Or you could go out to Laveen and have a crop duster drop strange white s*** on your house every other day.

We will be looking at a home in SUPERSTITION VIEW RANCHETTES and up north at cave creek. This trip is more of a find what the towns are like.

I would consider my proximity to work, schools, services etc. to be more important that proximity to wheeling areas. No matter where you live you will have to drive to wheel and it's no big issue.:meh: You go to work every day.:mad: I would take a 50 drive to wheel over a 50 mile drive to work any day.

I agree with you. I am just triing to get a feel of the area before we get there. If the house is nice and away from everything I would take that than listen to sirens all night long. 50 min is too long. I would like to be less than 5 miles from work. Wait I don't have a job yet....... If we could be less than 20 min away it would be good. But my experience is 20 min away means I can't ride my quad in my back yard or work on my jet ski, or park my camper overnight. I like the country... Just me. We will look at the houses when I get there. Any body want to go out to eat on Sat night. We will have the kid so no partying this time....:beer:

Funny the company got us a Hyundai Accent or similar???? That's a load of crap!!!! Can they say Up grade.:censor:

One more Question, Do y'all have Blue Bell Ice cream out there, this could be the straw that broke the camels back if you don't.........:ban:

Blue Bell and Blue Bunny, check...:bounce::bounce2:

Sweet, I am for sure coming.......... We just played a BB tournament in Brenham, where all the happy cows live that make bluebell.... See some of ya'll Sat.

Drunk Monkey,
I was just working a job in E Gilbert / Queen Creek that has a great place for sale...open field behind and older area that doenst have the growth / expansion of the southern area crappyness...I saw a shop as well; dont know your price range, but check this out it was pretty F'ing sweet: Link It is for sale...just doesn't say so on thei listing..have to get your Realtor to look it up.

We are going to be in the area so we will do a drive by and check it out....

thanks

leaving now and will get there about 8:00pm. I will check the hotel computer to see if anybody would like to eat with us Sat night....

Looks like dinner tomarrow night will have to wait till next time big boss is taking us out. Sorry guys.

It was nice meeting you and the family, can't wait to get out on the trail when you move out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom