Climate Control Rebuild Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
B59B0EDE-948E-4675-9FC1-6ED013344E25.jpeg
I have been rebuilding my climate control and I am running into an issue with the top row of buttons. On the unit before disassembly only one button on the top row could be selected at a time. After I put everything back together the top row of buttons won’t select. They can be pushed but they do not stay on. I took apart another climate control unit I had and I have the same issue. What am I doing wrong??

If I don’t push the circuit board all the way back in everything works perfectly. The moment the circuit black clicks back into place the buttons stop working.

Last edited:
They physically won't push, or they just won't "select" ? An issue I had after working on mine was that the selector switch on the board was bumped to auto. Seems the same board was used for vehicles with automatic climate control. That prevented me from selecting certain functions, but afraid I don't remember which ones.

Good luck !

Jason

C08100F3-AD66-45FB-A512-0A85E5301E21.jpeg
B7820420-CA2A-46E7-8468-5AA59145321F.jpeg
They physically won't push, or they just won't "select" ? An issue I had after working on mine was that the selector switch on the board was bumped to auto. Seems the same board was used for vehicles with automatic climate control. That prevented me from selecting certain functions, but afraid I don't remember which ones.

Good luck !

Jason
Jason,

That’s exactly what happened. Spent hours diagnosing. Turns out the “auto” gets depressed when reassembling. The switch blank needs to be removed so the button behind it can “snap” into the insureds auto switch before the blank it reinstalled 🤦🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom