Cleaning inside of gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions for this? Heard some people use Muriatic acid, let it soak for a day or so, then baking soda and vinegar.

There's no sludge or anything nasty in mine, just some loose stuff. A new fuel tank is probably expensive.

@Thad55 if there is no rust slosh fuel around and dump out the debris. For rust muriatic acid slosh, let it set for a couple of minutes only, then rinse out with baking soda and water to neutralize the acid, then get it dried out and filled with fuel as quickly as possible.

I have had both a dirty tank with no rust and a rusty tank. Once each so take it for what’s its worth. After the acid and neutralization it will flash rust pretty quick so that’s why I suggest getting it dry and filling with fuel asap.

The acid is no joke. It’s an absolute must to wear a mask with filter elements (not just a paper mask), chemical resistant gloves, and safety glasses. When the acid hits the rust it off gasses a toxic cloud. I am the most absolute unsafe person and probably have 5 pounds of metal shavings stuck in my body with lungs coated in spray paint. For serious be careful with the acid and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom