Cleaning a carburetor in California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I'm planning to rebuild my carburetor this week. I've got the walker rebuild kit as well as a secondary diaphragm from NAPA. I've seen it suggested to use Berryman's chem dip to soak the disassembled carb in but I've also seen someone on here warning it removes all the cad plating on the nuts and bolts of the carb. More importantly though I've noticed people state that the chem dip sold in California (where I'm located) doesn't cut it like the stuff sold in other states. I'm wondering if I should still just go for the chem dip or if there's something else I should use instead. I've always just cleaned motorcycle carbs with the spray cans of carb cleaner + toothbrush + compressed air. People have all kinds of techniques from ultrasonic cleaners to pinesol. Curious what the consensus is on this matter on here in 2023. Thank you!

Anything will work ok. The stronger the stuff, the more deadly. Berryman’s is really deadly stuff.
You’ve got to have extremely good ventilation with forced fan air blowing when using those horrible solvents.

Yeah don't think there's a difference it's potent stuff. Like he said don't open it in an enclosed area

Ultrasonic cleaner can work good as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom