Cleaned engine, now it chugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cleaned the engine with a hose and degreaser. Now it idles rough and hesitates / lurches at low rpm. Seems o.k. with light constant acceleration above 2000 rpm. I don't know if it is just coincidence. I thought I would ask in case some one experienced this before. I double checked that all the hoses appear to be connected. Also checked the air filter and it is dry.

I do have an exhaust leak. According to the trouble shooting guide, I guess that could explain everything. Barring any more personal tragedies I will have that fixed on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I now have everything to actually do the fix. Anyhoo. Thanks for any suggestions.

:beer: Chad

sounds like the dizzy got a little wet or moist. no big deal it will dry and get better again.

dizzy=distributor

The distributor cap has a o-ring you can replace at the same time as the cap to keep out water.

No, its the blond in the string top sitting next to you :D

Where do I get one of those. I asked at the parts store, but they gave me the red cap instead.

You cant go in looking for a "Dizzy". You start out looking for something else and then one day you look over and realise that your truck has 2. One ome and one add-on.:beer:

You can get the moisture out of your distributor quickly by removing the cap and spraying the inside with WD-40. Put the cap back on and drive away. The WD-40 displaces the water and won't harm anything inside the distributor.

make sure you do the ring gaskets numbers fifteen and sixteen i believe youlld need two of each for each side i did
two gaskets and two springs per side

i ddint do them when i did my gaskets the first time because i didnt know about them when i pulled it and needless to say i just got done doing it again because they went a few months later and its not a job i like repeating

also if you got the felpro it should have the the intake gaskets as well number eight in the photo make sure you do those as well while your in there
044E.gif

make sure you do the ring gaskets numbers fifteen and sixteen i believe youlld need two of each for each side i did

i ddint do them when i did my gaskets the first time because i didnt know about them when i pulled it and needless to say i just got done doing it again because they went a few months later and its not a job i like repeating

also if you got the felpro it should have the the intake gaskets as well number eight in the photo make sure you do those as well while your in there

Where's the picture from? I'm a little confused.
:beer: Chad

I thought we were talking about distributors?
WTF R U Doin.jpg

I thought we were talking about distributors?
along with pict.

Take that attitude crap over to Pirate we don't need any of it over here.If you where intelligent enough to read the first post you should have read it all the way through.I seem to recall reading "I have an exhaust leak".I've only been on this site for a few months but I think I speak for most of us when I say we don't need any punk a$$ kids acting like children.We're all here to learn not listen to douche bags spouting off. -Rob

along with pict.

Take that attitude crap over to Pirate we don't need any of it over here.If you where intelligent enough to read the first post you should have read it all the way through.I seem to recall reading "I have an exhaust leak".I've only been on this site for a few months but I think I speak for most of us when I say we don't need any punk a$$ kids acting like children.We're all here to learn not listen to douche bags spouting off. -Rob

Wow that rant sounded a lot like a..........

BTW i forgot he mentioned an exhaust leak too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom