Clean Black LC 100 in Castle Rock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who is driving a very clean glossy black 100 around Castle Rock, Colorado ?
- looked lifted
- spoiler removed and no roof rack
- All rear emblems removed (maybe a embarrassed LX)

The truck looked great and pictures need to be posted on the board.

Pint ?
BMWStoy ?

Also saw a nice lifted one with a warn winch on front advertising some business. Personnel something. Both these rigs need pictures and write ups.

Last edited:
Could have been me. OME, Slee step sliders, 295 Nittos, etc. I was there Saturday and Sunday at my sons basketball tournament. I just removed all the emblems and am just putting the sombreros back on in black this weekend. I can post pics this weekend. Out of town right now.

I got home early. Here is a poser picture from the garage. I have only done a few of the mods I really want up too this point. Been saving to have the 90K service, exhaust manifolds replaced and new tires in the next month! Unfortunately, that stuff overrides the need for bumpers, etc. I haven't put the emblems back on yet.
tmpphpklYlO8.jpg

Hey, now there's one more. Just off the truck today, a new addition the Parker/Castle Rock family of black cruisers. 100% stock today... but I'll be doing my best to catch up with Pint :grinpimp:
I'm kinda bummed that this came with brand new tires.... makes the justification for new (bigger) ones more difficult. :bang:

Well anyway, at least I can join the club of owners here instead of just being a wannabe :bounce:

Congrats on the purchase. You're gonna love it! FYI - I sold my original Michelins on Craigslist for $75 each a few years ago.

Hey, now there's one more. Just off the truck today, a new addition the Parker/Castle Rock family of black cruisers. 100% stock today... but I'll be doing my best to catch up with Pint :grinpimp:
I'm kinda bummed that this came with brand new tires.... makes the justification for new (bigger) ones more difficult. :bang:

Well anyway, at least I can join the club of owners here instead of just being a wannabe :bounce:

I did it after 1500 miles. My only regret was for not doing it sooner and reselling them before they had any noticeable wear:doh: Dunlops are harder to get rid of.

Hey guys, thanks for the tire info.
I think I just might try craigslist too. First I gotta see what it will cost to get new ones. I have 18" rims... a quick look at tirerack.com indicates there aren't too many options for me in a 285 (I probably won't be getting the lift for quite a while). So the fact that there aren't many options could make the decision on which tire to buy pretty easy!
I'm looking at BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO in 285/65R18. Any others I should check out? I know there's a ton of tire info this forum so, in the meantime, I'll spend some time picking through it.

OK, based on the numerous glowing reviews, Nitto Terra Grapplers it is... as it looks like they're available in my size too. Now, time for bargain hunting.

It was Pint. The bad weather brings out some nice trucks!

Pint,
Do you mind me asking where your got your tires and for how much? Seems that nobody carries the Nittos (at least not in my size) locally.
Discount in Castle Pines is quoting me $215 and will maybe give me $75 each for mine. However, they don't have them in stock and will take about a week to special order them.

I'm looking at getting 285/65/18. I think I'd like a little bigger but the next size up is too big.

Pint,
Do you mind me asking where your got your tires and for how much? Seems that nobody carries the Nittos (at least not in my size) locally.
Discount in Castle Pines is quoting me $215 and will maybe give me $75 each for mine. However, they don't have them in stock and will take about a week to special order them.

I'm looking at getting 285/65/18. I think I'd like a little bigger but the next size up is too big.

I got them at Discount Tire in Parker for like $163 each. That was in a 295/75R16. They had to order them, but it was only one or two days. They were very good too work with as well.

OK, yeah, I see on their web site that your size is WAY cheaper. Jeez.. is it my rim size that makes them so much more expensive for me. ugh.

OK, yeah, I see on their web site that your size is WAY cheaper. Jeez.. is it my rim size that makes them so much more expensive for me. ugh.

No, it's that your rim size comes with a with a lot newer and more expensive truck. They know you've got the money and want their cut.

"Rolling on 18's" wouldn't be hip if it was cheap. :D

Wonderful... so I've unwittingly joined the bling bling posse huh? I'm already half way there, maybe I should just go all the way and put 22's on and lower it. :flipoff2:

I think I read here somewhere that tires for 18's had a lower selection and cost more.... but I thought, eh, can't be that bad. :crybaby:

Welcome Jones, I have to find your intro thread.
Mud sure is getting popular in the South Metro area.

I know you did not see mine all shined up, I just got back from a 6 week trip and mine had the black and tan custom Colorado paint job from the recent snows. The wife likes my cruiser with BFG's over her Van with original tires - go figure.

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of cruisers down here. Seems like everybody has one. That's why I was so surprised that it was so hard to find one to buy!

Anyway.. curious... 6 week trip!? Anywhere fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom