Cicuit Wattage on 2000 LC OEM fog lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
Had great success posting my check engine light question here recently (problem solved!). So on to the next one.
I want to add a set of bumper mounted fog light (KC or Hella) to my TJM. Does anyone know what the wattage is on the factory circuit? I want to plug into my now unused fog light leads and use the switch on the light lever off my steering column.

Thanks!
Chris

I'm running a 24 inch LED bar off one side of mine. Specs say it is 120W, but it's Chinese, so would be surprised if that was accurate.

Aren’t the factory fog lights 50W,

The thing to remember is to check the fuse amperage, and DO NOT put a higher rated fuse in its place if your blowing em.

More than likely you’ll be fine with any led or HID type light assembly as they generally draw a much lower current.

You can run a 55w halogen in a fog light, but the problem is, it so hot the housing will oftenl melt.
Thanks. The OEM bumper/fog lights are gone replaced by a TJM bumper. I would be adding after market fogs just wanting to tie into the wiring of the OG figs for simplicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom