Events/Trails Christmas Party - Input Requested (1 Viewer)

Christmas Party Dates & Venue (please pick one date and one venue - 2 responses max)

• Date - December 12th is preferred

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Date - December 19th is preferred

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Date - Either the 12th or the 19th works

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Venue - At somebody's home

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Venue - Outdoors during the day by a fire

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Venue - At a restaurant or banquet room

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day my fellow HDC club members. I hope this finds you and yours healthy and happy.

I have spoke to the Elders regarding this year's holiday event. We all agreed that checking in with our members regarding some potential options would be appropriate and help us zero in on some preferences.

We would like to get feedback on two main topics - the date and the venue. I have created one poll with the two topics and would encourage you to cast your two votes. We would also welcome any comments regarding specifics in the thread below (Example: Poll Response = Venue - At somebody's house; Thread Comment = you would like to host the party). After a few days, we will review the poll responses / comments and decide what makes the most sense. I will then post up the final details and begin making plans.

Polls:
  • Potential Date - Sunday December 12th or Sunday December 19th.
  • Potential Venue - Get together at somebody's house; Rent a banquet hall or find an outdoor place to have a picnic during the afternoon;

Please cast your two votes and expand with thoughts and ideas via this thread.

FOOD: I didn't add food to the poll because that makes the poll cumbersome (guess you can only have one poll per thread). We would like thoughts on food as well. As I mentioned in my response below, Rudy's always seems to be a favorite and many folks enjoyed Joe's Pasta House. Throw out a new place if you feel compelled. Either way, please give us your thoughts/feedback on food preference via the thread below.

Thanks

Poupon

Last edited:
I like having the outside picnic this year - someplace closer where we can have a nice fire to keep warm. We could go back to the Cabazon Mesa or a bit further, to the Rock Bowl Beach campsite where we had our Cowboy Breakfast. We could also find a nice place closer to the ABQ area - maybe on the east side. I would worry that the Jemez would be too cold - as we start to get higher in respective elevations. It might be warmer if we start a bit earlier during the day.

I like the 12th, because it is a bit earlier in the month and might be less conflicting with other holiday events that employers or families may be planning.

The club has sufficient funds to get catered food from a restaurant. Post up if you have a fresh idea on food - your thoughts are always welcomed. I like Joe's myself and happy to swing by and grab the trays on our way to the event.

Thanks for your thoughts and contributions. Liz and I are looking forward to seeing all of you at the gathering!

Last edited:
Good post Larry and I like the 12th as well. Somewhere outside is a good, safe bet for us to congregate.

Another option for food would be to rent a food truck for an hour or two. Or find out where few of them are congregating and have our party at that park. Just a thought.

Good post Larry and I like the 12th as well. Somewhere outside is a good, safe bet for us to congregate.

Another option for food would be to rent a food truck for an hour or two. Or find out where few of them are congregating and have our party at that park. Just a thought.
I think the food truck would have to be 4x4 to be outside by a fire....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom