Cheap OEM/OEM Alternative wiper motor or self service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wiper motor died. Is there a motor out there that's cheaper and will work basically 1:1 as OEM? Search isn't my friend atm so...any help will help! Alternatively is it straightforward to service aka rebuild?

Last edited:
Replacing the motor is simple, 3 bolts and a connector, the the nut attaching to the linkage. the only advice to share is: the linkage will be attached and only pull it out enough to get the linkage free. The “bushings” in the linkage are not serviceable and new linkage is NLA... IIRC the proper installation orientation of the linkage to motor is parallel with the ground pointing towards drivers side...

pic of linkage with damaged bushing
0F34058F-EDEF-4031-8612-60210D9D55CA.jpeg

...and I always go OEM when available

...and I always go OEM when available
I hear that. Just thinking there might be an alternative like the AC Delco unit for the charcoal canister.

Replacing the motor is simple, 3 bolts and a connector, the the nut attaching to the linkage. the only advice to share is: the linkage will be attached and only pull it out enough to get the linkage free. The “bushings” in the linkage are not serviceable and new linkage is NLA... IIRC the proper installation orientation of the linkage to motor is parallel with the ground pointing towards drivers side...

pic of linkage with damaged bushing
View attachment 2542583

Good to know, thanks!

I bought one from O'Reilly's because I needed one immediately. It's been installed for 8 years and 125K miles so far.

The hard part is getting it adjusted properly so they start in the right place. Make sure to mark it before you disconnect the linkage so you have a reference point.

My wiper motor died. Is there a motor out there that's cheaper and will work basically 1:1 as OEM? Search isn't my friend atm so...any help will help! Alternatively is it straightforward to service aka rebuild?
Did you ever find an alternative to the wiper motor? I'm looking for the same thing.

I bought one from O'Reilly's because I needed one immediately. It's been installed for 8 years and 125K miles so far.

The hard part is getting it adjusted properly so they start in the right place. Make sure to mark it before you disconnect the linkage so you have a reference point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom