Charging issue lights won’t go off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bear with me, I’m a Cruiser newbie. A month ago I replaced the battery and alternator in my new to me 89 FJ62 with 3FE and this fixed the charging issue I was having. Once I completed this, no charging issue lights were on. Last week I hit a huge puddle and now all 3 lights are back on and won’t go off. I checked voltage with and without load and all was fine. I ran by Napa and had them check as well with load tester, all was fine. Alternator and battery are 1 month old and working properly, belts are tight, and alternator is charging. 1st question, (I’ve looked for this answer and have found many) is the voltage regulator separate from the alternator or connected to it? 2nd question, any suggestions for what to check next (some fuses, fuse-able links, etc)? Nothing I do will get these lights to go off. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Travis

Fusible link is a great place to start. Ive had weird electrical issues come upon me from bad grounding. I would clean the grounds from your battery to the body/frame and ensure they have a clean contact. I believe the FJ62 has an internal voltage regulator.

Assuming the light is on when your engine is running and not when its on ACC.
based off the FJ62 FSM,
Bad belt, Loose battery cables, blown fuse (Check your "ENGINE" fuse), Blown fusible link. IC regulator faulty or wiring faulty.
can cause the battery light to stay on while the engines running.

I would check fuses first then grounds after

Appreciate the heads up, thank you. I guess I got caught up with thinking big parts and not the smaller ones like fuses, ground, and fusible links. Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom