Charging a 24V Battery System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted an update on a related thread.. it appears that the Gen 2 Mini was not able to correct my ultimate issue, that being a failing battery.

In other news, I had a custom bracket fabbed for the Gen 2 Mini. I need to figure out what is destroying the passenger side battery, then I'll mount up the Gen 2 Mini permanently. Happy to share the plans for what I made or do a run of brackets for interested folks.

Hey guys,

I have a 24v hzj73. I have read the above posts. I have the noco genius 5. I just want to occasionally charge my batteries during the winter when I don't use truck much. Pic of battery layout below. Battery doesn't have neg/pos terminals labeled. I see these are calcium batteries and will choose the noco program accordingly. I have read above that I
20240118_135217.jpg
can charge one battery, then the other without unhooking anything. My question is, which ones are positive, which ones negative terminals? I'm guessing the post closest to front of truck is neg cause it grounds to frame. Pos is other on that battery. On the battery toward rear what is possible, what is neg post? Sorry for my ignorance.

Sean

Hey guys,

I have a 24v hzj73. I have read the above posts. I have the noco genius 5. I just want to occasionally charge my batteries during the winter when I don't use truck much. Pic of battery layout below. Battery doesn't have neg/pos terminals labeled. I see these are calcium batteries and will choose the noco program accordingly. I have read above that IView attachment 3536227 can charge one battery, then the other without unhooking anything. My question is, which ones are positive, which ones negative terminals? I'm guessing the post closest to front of truck is neg cause it grounds to frame. Pos is other on that battery. On the battery toward rear what is possible, what is neg post? Sorry for my ignorance.

Sean

From your photo I have a good idea which is positive and which is negative on each battery, but much better to measure, and if you have a volt meter it's very easy to determine. On each battery put your meter probes on the battery terminals, if you get a negative reading (eg -12. 5 V) switch the probes, you should now have a positive reading (eg 12.5 V) and the positive probe is on the positive terminal. In a 24V system each battery will measure approx. 12 V when you are measuring the battery terminals of each individual battery.

If I was there with my meter I would put the positive probe on the terminal closest to the fire wall, and the negative probe on the next terminal, and I would bet it would read +12 V, meaning the positive terminal is the one closest to the fire wall. The second battery is in the same orientation and I would do the same procedure. Positive probe on the terminal closest to the first battery, and negative probe on the terminal closest to the grill. Should read +12 V. The terminal nearest the front of the engine bay has wires going to a body ground and the engine block, this is your negative terminal on that battery. From the fire wall forward the terminals should be + - + -

The NOCO's are good charging units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom