Charcoal EVAP canister connection missing (2000 4Runner 3.4L) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am chasing down P0171 and P1135 codes and was looking for vacuum leaks (before I move on to replacing the 02 sensors) when I discovered the forward connection on the EVAP charcoal canister dangling down into the engine bay. This is the first connection closest to the radiator which I placed up on the fuse box in this picture. This may not be causing my codes but surely it should be connected to something. The underhood vacuum diagram and Haynes manual are completely useless trying to figure this out. The kicker is I have a second 2000 4runner that I could have used as a reference but my son left for college with it two weeks ago.

hose.jpg

I have a Tacoma with that same canister and plumbing. I removed most of it and junked it. I’ll snap a pic tomorrow of how I did the vacuum lines that has so far kept a CEL at bay.

I have a Tacoma with that same canister and plumbing. I removed most of it and junked it. I’ll snap a pic tomorrow of how I did the vacuum lines that has so far kept a CEL at bay.
Been thinking about doing that on my rig. How much more gas smell have you noticed?

Everything is still there except for the EVAP canister. The 2 little hoses I looped back to the bigger one to show a suction. May not be right, but it’s been working so far. Maybe 6 months and 4K miles. I bought a pack of assorted vacuum fittings at the parts house and press fit the bigger nipple onto one of the smaller ones. Doesn’t need to be perfect, just close.
FF2D06CB-96B6-4130-B095-8D429BC2ECA8.jpeg

The actual hose from the tank is just open ended. I should probably shove a filter of some sort on it.
AB6C3596-6586-48DA-B5ED-401BA97B2417.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom