Changing out hub grease caps on early LX570 / LC200 to fit new center caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 2008 LX570 I recently picked up a new set of 18" wheels off a 2020 Land Cruiser. Of course the hub diameter is the same but on early model 200 series LX & LC's the hub grease cap is a slightly different shape which prevents the wheel center caps from installing all the way flush without trimming the tabs. I opted to replace the grease caps to avoid having to cut up my new Lexus center caps.

Here are some pics along with the parts I ordered:

New hub grease caps, part number 43514-60020
HKhuevtl.jpg

Comparison of the old cap shape vs the new. Once the front wheel was removed I just used a chisel to pry the old cap out.

weqLRIrl.jpg

Perfect for the new center caps:
EkjgQVDl.jpg

All done! Used part number 2460B-60390. (These are the center caps off of 2020 LX570 20 inch wheels)

eKl6RSNl.jpg

Some other shots with the new wheels/tires:

vuuSwbyl.jpg

oOTn7S6l.jpg

Last edited:
Do the Lexus center caps match the wheels ( same silver)? I’m debating just using a Lexus emblem on the Toyota caps that come with these wheels. Definitely swapping the grease caps, thanks for the heads up on that!

Last edited:
On my 2008 LX570 I recently picked up a new set of 18" wheels off a 2020 Land Cruiser. Of course the hub diameter is the same but on early model 200 series LX & LC's the hub grease cap is a slightly different shape which prevents the wheel center caps from installing all the way flush without trimming the tabs. I opted to replace the grease caps to avoid having to cut up my new Lexus center caps.

HKhuevtl.jpg

Comparison of the old cap shape vs the new. Once the front wheel was removed I just used a chisel to pry the old cap out.

weqLRIrl.jpg

EkjgQVDl.jpg

All done! Used part number 2460B-60390. (These are the center caps off of 2020 LX570 20 inch wheels)

eKl6RSNl.jpg

vuuSwbyl.jpg

oOTn7S6l.jpg
Are the new caps the same height as the old caps?

Do the Lexus center caps match the wheels ( same silver)? I’m debating just using a Lexus emblem on the Toyota caps that come with these wheels. Definitely swapping the center caps, thanks for the heads up on that!

I’d say it’s VERY close. I’m as OCD as they come and I was very happy with the look.

HKhuevtl.jpg

weqLRIrl.jpg

EkjgQVDl.jpg

eKl6RSNl.jpg

vuuSwbyl.jpg

oOTn7S6l.jpg
How do you pop the center caps off? Not the grease cap but the cap with the logo?

How do you pop the center caps off? Not the grease cap but the cap with the logo?
Take the wheel off and pop it out from the back. Not really an easy way to get it off without removing the wheel. You can remove the metal ring on the back of the center cap to make it a little easier but be careful not to pull it out where it’s welded bc it’s a weak point and can break.

Take the wheel off and pop it out from the back. Not really an easy way to get it off without removing the wheel. You can remove the metal ring on the back of the center cap to make it a little easier but be careful not to pull it out where it’s welded bc it’s a weak point and can break.
OK, Thanks. I was hoping I could get it off without removing the wheel but haven't had any luck.

HKhuevtl.jpg

weqLRIrl.jpg

EkjgQVDl.jpg

eKl6RSNl.jpg

vuuSwbyl.jpg

oOTn7S6l.jpg
You are a legend! - i have the exact same problem - and was looking for the grease cap part number! - thank you

Really appreciate this post!

One question if anyone knows the answer - After installing the new caps for 2020 LC wheels, will the new caps also work with the original 20" Lexus wheels for winter tires, or will I need to swap caps every season?

Thanks!

Really appreciate this post!

One question if anyone knows the answer - After installing the new caps for 2020 LC wheels, will the new caps also work with the original 20" Lexus wheels for winter tires, or will I need to swap caps every season?

Thanks!
Old wheels should fit over new caps just fine.

Excellent picture thread showing an issue that is difficult to understand with text description alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom