chainsaw oils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
I have both Husky and Stihl 2 cycle oil on hand. In mixing these oils with fuel does it matter if I use the Husky oil+fuel mix in a Stihl saw or Stihl oil/fuel mix in a Husky? I'm thinking that it won't since these are both quality 2 cycle oils, but just in case I thought I'd post the question.

Nope. Just make sure you mix it according to the directions... and label the can "Mix".

Cleaning out my shop we found an old but relatively unused weed wacker engine. We decided to run it with regular gas for the fun of it to see how long it would run. At full throttle it started spitting metal within one minute and seized right after that.

Both of those oils can be used at 50:1 in your chainsaws with no problems.

I have both Husky and Stihl 2 cycle oil on hand. In mixing these oils with fuel does it matter if I use the Husky oil+fuel mix in a Stihl saw or Stihl oil/fuel mix in a Husky? I'm thinking that it won't since these are both quality 2 cycle oils, but just in case I thought I'd post the question.

X2 on directions. I like the 1:1 equipment (1 small bottle to 1 gallon of gas). Just me but I hate to use anything but the 1 to 1 solutions for fear of screwing up.

oops maybe I meant 50:1. Sorry

I have just always been told better too much oil in the mix than not enough. I still try to mix accordingly but figure a little smoke is better than not enough lube.

If your equipment was built before 1995, that can hold true.

I have just always been told better too much oil in the mix than not enough. I still try to mix accordingly but figure a little smoke is better than not enough lube.

Many blenders and packagers are putting less additives that actually create visible "smoke" in the oil.

On the newer equipment, too much oil can cause castistrofic failure, just like not enough oil.

I am borrowing a gas chainsaw from a neighbor - but he is not at home today to answer my question. I have searched high and low for owners manuals - but nothing. I know I need to mix the 2-cycle motor oil with gas

Last edited:
not to hi-jack this thread, but for chain oil if you can find it, the Quaker state oil is hands down the best stuff i have ever seen, I have been cutting approximately 20 cord per year for the last 10 years, and it is so stringy it clings to the teeth like nothing else i have used. I just wish it was red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom