center dash cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
center dash cluster *WARNING* big pictures

Since there are so many threads on "will this lx part fit my lc?" I thought I'd mention that the 99/00 LX center cluster (dash surround, climate unit) was interchangeable w/ the LC. So if you have a 99/00 and want digital rather than dials, or that faux wood surround rather than a trim sticker kit, that's an option.

Last edited:
Did you mean interchangeable without any harness modification? Simple plug and pray?

I would like to see pictures.

Thank you,

uzj100

absolutely plug and play. you just need the bezel for non-nakamichi stereos.

no modifications necessary, the four harness connectors match up & everything is tested & working fine.

Last edited:
IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

Nice to know. I hated the LX450 auto climate control but they got it down this time in the LX470.

Just one comment, on the LX470, there is a hydrocarbon sensor that automatically switches the air to recirculate when high levels of air pollution are detected. I would think that sensor is not part of the console but rather located somewhere else. The wiring is probably there and you might be able to add the sensor if you wanted--no big dealio though... should work fine w/o it.

The radio space is larger for the nakamichi head unit. i believe there are 3 options:

a) I *think* the non-nakamichi has a trim piece
b) put in a nakamichi head unit
c) put in an aftermarket head unit w/ a trim kit

haven't really decided what to do, but since my head unit is a bit flaky, it's no big burden for me to replace it. or i might get out my table router & try to fab a trim piece myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom