Center Console and Rear Door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a 2014 GX. The center console is just an open cavity. Is there a tray that works or organizer for it?
Also the rear door has the two shallow compartments. One has the jack/tire tools what do most put in the other?
Was thinking of a roll up bag of wrenches or small socket set. PICS world be great.

Does it need to be similar year Prado to GX? I noticed two different style trays on eBay/Amazon. One for upto 2009 Prado then one for 2010 to 2017 Prado.

inCollage_20190818_173820526.jpg

Looking at the Amazon offerings, all the reviewers note how they have to squeeze the tray into the cavity and that it's not really a good fit, but will work. Not one person has given it ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 's.
Albeit, they don't cost much so if you don't like it you're not out a lot of green.

I have one from ebay and have been happy with it for the money. It does hold in place with pressure and can be a little harder to remove, but it fits well. For less than $20 I'd buy it again. That said I don't remove it often and generally just keep some tools in the very bottom of the compartment. If you're going to be removing it a lot, there are probably better options.

I have one from ebay and have been happy with it for the money. It does hold in place with pressure and can be a little harder to remove, but it fits well. For less than $20 I'd buy it again. That said I don't remove it often and generally just keep some tools in the very bottom of the compartment. If you're going to be removing it a lot, there are probably better options.
Do you have a pic? Link to which one? I have seen several but many that say they will work, don't actually match or come close to my measurements

How's the fit? Do you have to push and flex it to make it fit?
Does it slide fore and aft when in?

Here is a quick video of it in place and removing (Ignore the trash I really need to clean out the console).

It is just pressure fit in the console, but it doesn't move when its in there. I normally don't push it very hard because it can be more difficult to remove if you push it down further (just means you need both hands to get a better grip). There are some pictures of them with small tab that may prevent it from going down too far, but mine doesn't have them and hasn't been an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom