CENTER CONSOL FITTING ISSUES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
I have a 2004 105 POV PACK (manual)
I bought a center consol for a 1999 Gxl (manual)
Fitting was going well until the gear shift surround, it won't
Any body have this issue.
Any help is appreciated
Cheers mark 😁

fit
DSC_2060.JPG
DSC_2062.JPG
DSC_2060.JPG

DSC_2061.JPG

The higher specced ones have the gear closer to the driver, you need to get one that matches your car. 98 to 07 will fit

Thanks mate im confused 🤔🤔. The one in the picture is from a 1999 Gxl 105 manual console it's sitting in
My car is a 2004 105 manual 😵🤔😎
Cheers mark 😁

Thanks mate im confused 🤔🤔. The one in the picture is from a 1999 Gxl 105 manual console it's sitting in
Cheers mark 😁
The ones that had a center console also had a different shift lever and retainer and transfer case level the had a kink that brought them back a little so they fit in their cut outs

Cheers mark 😁
D
The ones that had a center console also had a different shift lever and retainer and transfer case level the had a kink that brought them back a little so they fit in their cut outs
ahhh, so I get a gear stick from the same vehicle and it should suit the surround😀

D
ahhh, so I get a gear stick from the same vehicle and it should suit the surround😀
You may also need a retainer and make sure that every thing else is the same if I were you I would go to a scrap yard and look at the parts in a vehicle that came with a console just to make sure that it will fit

You may also need a retainer and make sure that every thing else is the same if I were you I would go to a scrap yard and look at the parts in a vehicle that came with a console just to make sure that it will fit
Good advice.
I am unclear as to what you call a retainer? Is that the part that holds the gearshift into the gearbox? Cheers mark 😁

Good advice.
I am unclear as to what you call a retainer? Is that the part that holds the gearshift into the gearbox? Cheers mark 😁
It is yeah if you take the shifter out it is the base that it sits in you should have the h151f gear box so it should look like this
36344-60030jpg.image.639x550.jpg

The ones with the center console had a different style retainer im just not sure if it fits in the same gearbox without any modifications they are both h151 gear boxes just different variants

It is yeah if you take the shifter out it is the base that it sits in you should have the h151f gear box so it should look like this
View attachment 2087705

The ones with the center console had a different style retainer im just not sure if it fits in the same gearbox without any modifications they are both h151 gear boxes just different variants
Yep. That's what I thought it was thank you for clarification.
I have a R151 box I'm the garage it's out of a 2009 hilux and I also have a R150f gearbox from a surf, I think I might do some investigation 🤔🤔

View attachment 2087705

Hi, just re read your post both my 105 and donor 105 have R151 boxes 😀

Hi, just re read your post both my 105 and donor 105 have R151 boxes 😀
Not sure what the one you pulled the center console had your best bet would be to look at one with a center console in a scrap yard see what is different between them so far all the 105's I've seen had no center consols at least the ones exported to where I live we only got the Fzj100's which had the H151 with two variants one for the bench seat type and one for higher trims with a center console

Not sure what the one you pulled the center console had your best bet would be to look at one with a center console in a scrap yard see what is different between them so far all the 105's I've seen had no center consols at least the ones exported to where I live we only got the Fzj100's which had the H151 with two variants one for the bench seat type and one for higher trims with a center console
Interesting 🤔
In Australia the 80 series have the H151 gearbox and the 105 series run the R151 series gearbox 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom