CC bushing install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I'm planning to finally install the CC bushings after driving around with marginal caster for more than a year. I understand about marking the bottom of the arms for installing the new bushings, and I have time lined up with a friend who has a big press. What I don't understand is Slee's instructions about securing the vehicle. As I read it, you just chock the back wheels and strap the axle to the front tow points. Don't you have to jack up under the frame and support the axle? If you remove the arms while the truck is on the ground, what keeps the axle from squirting out from under the truck and causing the front end to fall down?

TIA,
Paul

Last edited:
Panhard, steering, shocks, springs, driveshaft, and not moving the truck. A trick I learned from installing caster plates, i put on both axle bolts first and then the frame bolt. First looking at it the control arm eye was a ways off from the frame mount. If you have someone turn the wheels there is a point where they'll line up and you can slide the bolt right through.

OK, I thought there could be a safety issue without the arms to locate the axle while on the ground, but I guess not.

Thanks for the install tip.

I jacked mine up just to have a bit of extra room, but I guess you could leave it on the ground........

Leave the wheels on and let the axle rest on the tires with the frame jacked up. This allows you to move the axle around with out the weight of the vehicle on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom