cb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a radioshack cb and i have a 3 ft fireflie firestik mounted on my arb. I am having trouble hearing people from farther than 100 yards but they can hear me from 3 miles plus. any suggestions:frown:

Have you tuned your antenna with a SWR meter? I'd start there.

Did you ground your antenna properly?

jaxcruiser said:
i have a radioshack cb and i have a 3 ft fireflie firestik mounted on my arb. I am having trouble hearing people from farther than 100 yards but they can hear me from 3 miles plus. any suggestions:frown:
Come on guys, if he can transmit and people hear him his antenna is operating OK. Maybe not tuned, but operating.

If he cannot hear others how about the speaker circuit? Is it external and shorted maybe.

Audio gain turne up. (Volume)

When plugging in an external speaker and removing it the female speaker connector in the radio may remain open to the internal speaker.

My .02

JB

A faulty microphone can produce these symptoms. It can transmit but the speaker circuit will be dead.

A bad mic plug (either on the cord or in the radio) can do this too.

Mark...

It's the ground on the antenna. Make sure you have the plastic bushing on the antenna. We had the same problem (symptom) just recently. I would check the tuning as well.

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom